no injector pulse please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toycar View Post
    I know that, I'm saying with no voltage associated with the pulse, how does the test light get power.

Im talking about the initial neg pulse that the ecu sends after you turn the key to the on position, before you try and start the car.

Are you saying with the car cranking over this works?

I get that. I was under the impression we were talking about the initial neg pulse, and there is no voltage on the circuit in that scenario.

If that is what you are talking about, the initial pulse, then educate me on how the test light gets power.

That's the part I don't understand. I know how to use a test light.
    being a negitive pulse, you will get voltage in that circuit. A test light doesnt have to have power to work, it just has to have a path to show a current

So if your looking for a negitive signal, then connect the test light lead to the positive...the ground (negitive signal) will enable the test light to light up (or pulse off).
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
      being a negitive pulse, you will get voltage in that circuit. A test light doesnt have to have power to work, it just has to have a path to show a current

So if your looking for a negitive signal, then connect the test light lead to the positive...the ground (negitive signal) will enable the test light to light up (or pulse off).
      I now feel educated on the subject, lol.

I've always used a multi meter and measuring voltage you see the neg pulse.

Interesting, thanks for filling me in.
      Originally posted by wed3k
      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Yes test light does work an led one, the correct technical term is a noid light. High impedance

1993 CB6 Coupe Seattle Silver YR-94M

Originally posted by Acclude
        4gens are win. It's in the bible somewhere.
        yeah its verse 10.6:1

Members Ride Thread
        1993 Accord Coupe- Summer ride
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130064
        1995 Civic Coupe - Winter/DD
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...53#post2744953

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
          I now feel educated on the subject, lol.

I've always used a multi meter and measuring voltage you see the neg pulse.

Interesting, thanks for filling me in.
          A test light is good as an aid, but a volt meter is great because you can see how many volts a circuit is getting. I usually always confirm with a volt meter if I have weird issues with the car.

A better test light, is a logic probe...which shows power or ground. I love that tool.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

A test light is good as an aid, but a volt meter is great because you can see how many volts a circuit is getting. I usually always confirm with a volt meter if I have weird issues with the car.

A better test light, is a logic probe...which shows power or ground. I love that tool.
            yes! i should give you rep for that. i have the power probe 3, i have tested so many circuits for it.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
              yes! i should give you rep for that. i have the power probe 3, i have tested so many circuits for it.
              I like that power probe, but I dont like how long it is. If only they made it a bit shorter, then I would be sold.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

I like that power probe, but I dont like how long it is. If only they made it a bit shorter, then I would be sold.
                that's odd, they usually don't complain when it's too long
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                  that's odd, they usually don't complain when it's too long
                  Thats what she said

Its just bulky to me, and I like the slinky wire that my snap-on logic probe has =)

Retro!

Hater

Comment

this whas years ago but i solved that

So i am many years late with the solution... but someone here might need this info... so it turns out the injector Resistor box Connection was mixed up with another plug in that same area.
                    I swapped both plugs and BAM she fired right up.. it pays to pay attention when swapping motors.
                    a person who looks at somthing and see it as waste is no person at all but he who see what it could be will suceed
                    out with the old and in with the new

Comment

Working...
                    X