Should I have changed my ecu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I have changed my ecu

So a few months ago I swapped my transmission to a manual, but I never put in the ecu from my parts car. It was like a 1990 lx. Should I keep the newer ecu from my car in the car or should I put the one that was originally with the parts car?

I wasn't sure if it was tuned any differently from automatic to manual?

Does anyone Know?

Comment

Keep the ECU for the engine that you are running. The manual trans does not require a TCU/ECU controller. And as far as I know there are only 1 or 2 Honda ECU's that were tuned differently based on transmission. The USDM Accord wasn't one of them.
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Thanks man.

Comment

Use a manual ecu if you can. With an auto it bucks alittle bit in stop and go traffic.
          wat?

Comment

If you are going to get a manual ECU, just make sure it is for the same trim level that your current chassis/engine is.
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

I have 93 10th anniversary edition which only came in a automatic. The parts car I used was an lx which is very similar to my car though three years older. If It matters I will swap out the ecu for a PT6 and be happy with it.

What do you think?

Comment

The 10th Ann came with an F22A1 engine. A manual PT6 ECU would work but it might be a bit much. Unless you are going to do the A6 intake and cam upgrade in the near future. The PT3 manual ECU would be the best option in my opinion.
                MR Thread
                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Yeah I have been meaning to pick up the f22a6 cam and ecu but money is tight...but why would the automatic ecu make the car buck? I mean I know what your talking about I have to be carefully how I put on the power cause it might jump but I just thought I had a strong clutch or something.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                    The 10th Ann came with an F22A1 engine. A manual PT6 ECU would work but it might be a bit much. Unless you are going to do the A6 intake and cam upgrade in the near future. The PT3 manual ECU would be the best option in my opinion.
                    I actually have the manual pt3 in my room

Comment

Use it!
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

already swapped it out...Thanks guys

Comment

Your welcome!
                          MR Thread
                          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Jack93prj View Post
                            I actually have the manual pt3 in my room
                            What PT3 exactly is it (the whole number) 37280-PT3-??? If you wouldn't mind taking the cover off, and snapping a couple pics, it could prove useful to my research.
                            PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Working...
                            X