Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solid CEL and no battery light

I have an issue

My car has a solid CEL light, it cranks all eletrical systems work, interior lights,parking lights,tailights,headlights,radio,heat,a/c etc.

I replaced fuse box, changed the main relay with a working one, swapped 2 working ecus.

Before that my interior light fuse popped 2x but hasnt popped since the car died on friday.

here is whats been done electrically

1. Alarm installed which has been ruled out
    2. HIDS which has also been ruled out
    3. Radio and speakers installed which have been ruled out.

^^^ none of this changed the problem stayed the same^^^

When key is inserted CEL stays lit and the battery light doesnt come on at all

trior to that my speedo and rpm gauge would die while driving and no CEL would be on ata all I would tap the cluster and it would work fine after that
    Last edited by Darkcloud; 03-25-2012, 06:37 PM.
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Since you have the CEL on, have you attempted to pull any codes from the ecu?

In regards to the battery light indicator, the bulb might be burned out.

As for the tapping the cluster, you may have a loose/bad connection feeding the cluster, and/or could be some solder connection issues.
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

The CEL dont blink I did have code 43 but thats o2 mainly, but can a failed fuel pump keep the light solid
      NEW CB

new

Comment

No, the ECU pretest does not get any feedback from the fuel pump.

So you have a solid CEL when you try to start the car. Then when you jump the SCS connector the CEL stays on and doesn't flash or it turns off and doesn't flash?

What ecu are you running? Have there been any wiring modifications done to the engine wire harness?

Code 43 can also be fuel system related.
        Last edited by GhostAccord; 03-25-2012, 08:10 PM.
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
          No, the ECU pretest does not get any feedback from the fuel pump.

So you have a solid CEL when you try to start the car. Then when you jump the SCS connector the CEL stays on and doesn't flash or it turns off and doesn't flash?

What ecu are you running? Have there been any wiring modifications done to the engine wire harness?

Code 43 can also be fuel system related.
          CEL stays lit, Doesnt flash at all just solid light when jumped, PT3 ecu all ecus are good when tested 2x pt3 ecus. So a failed fuel pump can cause a solid CEL light???

Would a brittle main ground from chassis to block be a reason for no battery light and solid CEL
          NEW CB

new

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
            CEL stays lit, Doesnt flash at all just solid light when jumped, PT3 ecu all ecus are good when tested 2x pt3 ecus. So a failed fuel pump can cause a solid CEL light???

Would a brittle main ground from chassis to block be a reason for no battery light and solid CEL
            start with fixing what you know, fix the code 43, then it may go off.. it should stay on solid after its done pulling codes(atleast i think) but fix the code 43... and yes i would start with an o2 sensor... rockauto.com seems to be the best place to get them get a denso/NGK/NTK only

Comment

Yurns out I put the ebu in the wrong spot. I kno dumb right

But now I have no power at all.

What I did was a battery relocation using a positive distribution box from a bmw. everything was done correctly.

This was prior to figuring out my fuse issue. All the wires are in the correct no battery,starter,fuse box or ground is pinched.

Used a volt meter. got power going from batt to dist. block, starter to dist block, but not to fuse box, when the positve wire is unhooked from the fuse box it gets power but not when mounted on the fuse box in the bay. but when the witre is hooked up to the fuse box all fuses had power (used a fuse checker).

When the interior fuse is pulled out the bay fuse volt meter flucuated but when the interior was back in it didnt read. So does that mean I have a short somewhere interior wise

This is what I used

Main battery wire,starter and fuse box wires are connected from this to each component
              Last edited by Darkcloud; 03-27-2012, 05:06 AM.
              NEW CB

new

Comment

Working...
              X