Did headgasket car wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did headgasket car wont start

Did the headgasket, cam, gear, valvesprings retainers. Now the car just cranks.

Replaced coil, and dizzy with new ones. Checked compression on cold and im at 90psi on all cylinders. Im thinking the tester is bad. Hecked my timing and all is right. I did delete the balance shaft belt, and replaced my oil pump when i did this job. I need this car. It is my dd and im rinning out of ideas. Checked if the dizzy was ln right and it was. Anyone have any suggestions?

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
    Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
    Originally posted by bmxicansd
    so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

Start with the basic are you getting fuel and spark. And 90 is really low!!! It should be around 210, 180, in that area.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

I have fuel, spark, everything except a starting car. Other things i did was remove charcoal canister abd ther other black box on the firewall.. I dont know what it could be, i also did this on a cold engine. Im gona try it again on a warm engine tomorrow. Could something have gone wrong with the head gasket? Should i start looking for a block?

Rush

Comment

Originally posted by cb7rush View Post
        I have fuel, spark, everything except a starting car. Other things i did was remove charcoal canister abd ther other black box on the firewall.. I dont know what it could be, i also did this on a cold engine. Im gona try it again on a warm engine tomorrow. Could something have gone wrong with the head gasket? Should i start looking for a block?
        Sounds like you forgot the ECU ground on the t stat housing.... And i had a compression tester read 90 on me, it was due to a bad valve in the fitting that goes in the block.
        Originally posted by Mishakol129
        Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

What other black box on the firewall? Theres a map sensor there too and you need that for it to run right.

Comment

is the timing all correct? spin the engine manually by hand a couple cycles and see if the marks line up consistently. You could be off a couple teeth

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I think the compressor was bad so ima check it again tomorrow. As for the teeth il double check tomorrow.. And as for the map sensor no its on.

Rush

Comment

Did the headgasket, cam, gear, valvesprings retainers. Now the car just cranks.

Replaced coil, and dizzy with new ones. Checked compression on cold and im at 90psi on all cylinders. Im thinking the tester is bad. Hecked my timing and all is right. I did delete the balance shaft belt, and replaced my oil pump when i did this job. I need this car. It is my dd and im rinning out of ideas. Checked if the dizzy was ln right and it was. Anyone have any suggestions?
                for some weird reason you could be 180degrees off on timing... iv done it, on my old f22.. could be worth trying

Comment

Yea I just think your timing is off just try and set it again. Hoopefully you didnt bend valves.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

I think i am180 degrees off timing because it doesnt sound like valves are tapping and it sounds strong at cranking..il check tonight

Rush

Comment

I figured out what the problem might be. Set my tdc again today and realized tht my skunk 2 gear was loose and moved completely like 10 degrees

What is the possibility that i did bot bend all my valves?

Rush

Comment

I figured out what the problem might be. Set my tdc again today and realized tht my skunk 2 gear was loose and moved completely like 10 degrees

What is the possibility that i did bot bend all my valves?
                        Do a leak down test, you'll have your answer.

Comment

How do u do a leakdown test? Only tester i have is a compression tester. But if i can figure out how to do it i will.

Rush

Comment

How do u do a leakdown test? Only tester i have is a compression tester. But if i can figure out how to do it i will.

Comment

Working...
                            X