h23 head or f22 head ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h23 head or f22 head ?

i pick up a h23 head and intake mani for $50 today and was wondering if its really worth it to swap the head ??, i just wanted the intake mani but the guy would not part it so i agreed to take the head also cause i figured it was a good deal

Honestly for $50 there is probably something wrong with it. I would have it checked out by a machine shop before you get into swapping the head. In the mean time, do what you were going to do with the H23 intake manifold.

You own the head now so you can do whatever you want with it. It would be a gain if you are looking to do some cam tuning while using aftermarket cams. As having the individual intake and exhaust cams can make it easier to change valve timing events. That will help with overlap and exhaust scavenging. Where as the SOHC requires the cam profiles to be changed in order to get different intake and exhaust lobe separations and valve timing results.
    Last edited by GhostAccord; 03-19-2012, 11:41 PM.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
      Honestly for $50 there is probably something wrong with it. I would have it checked out by a machine shop before you get into swapping the head. In the mean time, do what you were going to do with the H23 intake manifold.

You own the head now so you can do whatever you want with it. It would be a gain if you are looking to do some cam tuning while using aftermarket cams. As having the individual cams can help with valve timing events that will help with exhaust scavenging. Where as the SOHC requires the cam profiles to be changed in order to get different lobe separation timing results.
      yea the head have bent valves he said, i am planing to buy a bisi stage 2 cam for the f22 head and getting that head ported, would i get better results with the h23 head or the same if i do the same to the h23 head ?

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187140
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones45 View Post
          yea the head have bent valves he said, i am planing to buy a bisi stage 2 cam for the f22 head and getting that head ported, would i get better results with the h23 head or the same if i do the same to the h23 head ?
          Stick with the F22 head

For reasons as linked above. Also bent valves could actually mean more work required than just the valves being replaced. Could also mean guides, seats and rocker arms..etc..etc...
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

thanks that answered all my questions, just going to fix up the h23 head an clean it up and sell it i guess
            at least now i have something to practice head work on haha

Comment

You're welcome.....

It's always nice to have spare parts to learn off of.
              MR Thread
              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
              X