heat affecting alternator???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heat affecting alternator???

i officially broke my 4th kragens alternator. they never physically break or anything... they just stop working. someone mentioned the heat coming from the header, since i have no heat shield, can possibly affect some alt. internals. is there any truth to that? im not sure what else it could be. im sure theyre crap, but 4 of them in under a year!??!?!!?

wtf is going on...

so if thats true, what exactly is getting messed up from the heat?

Comment

the heat does fry altenators...and u taking that girl to 8k. in 85 degree weather, it isnt exactly chilly in there. nah mean?
      Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

well i got'er done today. went to my friends shop and swapped pulleys. came back home and took the header off, wrapped it. then i sleeved the a/c hose and put that on... then soldered the alternator harness and put a new alternator in. onw everything runs smooth, a/c works again... and the biggest thing i noticed. the wrap HELLA works. the bay is so much cooler and the intake pipe isnt even warm to the touch. before it the piping would be hot, now is maybe room temperature. definetly alot cooler than it used to be.

and just for you mr. "no pic no care"...

the wrap stunk big time for about 20-30min, but the smell is about gone now. and yes, i started wrapping #3 a little later cause i didnt wanna cover up the carb tag... gotta keep the cops happy.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
          What did you use?
          Thermo-Tec?
          yes sir. and they were out of the clickties, so i bought a spool of anodized black safety wire.

Comment

me j00 pics no work h03.. no pics no care (haahaa)

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

where do you buy that header heat wrap at? id like to get some for my header.

Comment

you can get it on ebay, but i got mine from a local performance shop.

Comment

Working...
                X