Any Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Ideas?

Ok i Finally got a computer again so i can come back to this site again for some help. i Have a 91 Accord Ex 2dr with around 190k, when i was driving it it started running really rough so i pulled over and it died i started it up but it had no power, i could barely get it to a gas station, but when i tried starting it it would fire up then make some grinding, loud clicking sound and die right away, i took off the timing cover, the belt is fresh, about 20k on it, and its still in time, you can hear the fuel pump kick on and pressurize, i checked for spark on one of the cyl. and there was spark. i dint check them all, but that makes me believe the coil is ok, im starting to think it a distributor issue, is there a good way to check it? or is there anything else i should look into while its taken apart?

i had that happen.

I lost a crankshaft bearing, bent the crankshaft, and the rods were grinding on the inside of the crankcase.

good luck
    --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

if u have spark then u don't have a distributor problem.
      are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

your distributor bearing might be going bad. take off your dist. cap and see if there are any reddish brown dust in your dist. if there are any then your dist. bearings might be goin. but i dunno just a suggestion..
        The beginning of a new era............................
        165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
        184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

sounds like a spun bearing to me......

Comment

thats exactly what it sounded like when my camshaft bearing went kinda like a loud nocking from the enigne when it would run.

Comment

you know what. those are a harmonic balancer crank pulley. there is a rubber like gasket around your crank pulley. wiggle your crank pulley to see if it is loose. if it is, and your crank bolt is tight, then you might just need to replace your crank pulley. tell us how it goes..

Comment

oh yeah another think is now it doesnt start at all, it doesnt sound like it firing at all, when the coil on my chev truck went out it still had spark but it wasnt enough we just got hit with a foot of snow here in mn so without a garage it might be a day or 2 before i can get out there to mess with it, so any thing worth checking,and how to check it would be appreciated

Comment

to start, check fuel and spark then let us know.

Comment

Did you have any idiot lights come on when the problem first occurred? I was lucky enough to have Honda send a recall notice to me about the distributor bearing being short on life. And this was long after it was out of warranty! Sure enough about two weeks after I got the notice my 92 EX started running really badly, check engine light came on and it would barely run. I found out that the ECU notices the problem and switches into a "safe" mode - just enough for the motor to kind of run but hopefully not damage itself. I managed to nurse it over to the dealer and they took care of it - courtesy of Honda. But from what your describing it sure sounds like it would be a first thing to check out.

Comment

Working...
                    X