got a bad problem w/ idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got a bad problem w/ idle

.....when im @ a light and im on the brakes the idle drops from 850 to abt 3-400 rpms and the idle will bounce in btw those numbers until im off the brakes...first i thought my stereo was putting too much of a load on the car but the problems there whether or not i have the stereo on, lights any thing electrical....any thoughts...
    Harm_Lane_Sound Long Island NY...

68 posts forever...we nuh rate the 69 ting

i had a similar problem and I cleaned my throttle body to find it was a mess and that solved my idle problem. You could also try cleaning your Idle air control valve.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
    91 accord lx (5spd)
    92 accord lx (5spd)
    93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

maybe a vacuum leak somewhere

Originally posted by fizzbob7
      first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
      Originally posted by ACC0RD22
      no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
      So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

hmmm kind of sounds like my problem, but my car will just die when i hit the brakes...............

Comment

still working on this prob, all vacc lines are cool except the one for the MAP...that line seems a little shady so i'll check that hopefully by tomorrow, in addition though i notice that if i use the power windows the idle drops the exact same way as w/ the brakes.....
          Harm_Lane_Sound Long Island NY...

68 posts forever...we nuh rate the 69 ting

Comment

Originally posted by badmanferg
            still working on this prob, all vacc lines are cool except the one for the MAP...that line seems a little shady so i'll check that hopefully by tomorrow, in addition though i notice that if i use the power windows the idle drops the exact same way as w/ the brakes.....

hmm my idle doesnt drop if i use the power windows.....
            but today i took my intake manifold and intake plenum off, i've started to completely clean both of them out, ive got A LOT of carbon build up. im thinking maybe all the carbon crap is causing my air flow to not be so good. ill get back with my results

Comment

I recently had a idling problem but mine would idle very high with my foot off the clutch but as soon as i push the clutch in it would quiet, my problem was the choke pull off, it was getting stuck.

Comment

Try cleaning out the IAC valve.
                00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

bumping up this thread for a answer!!!!!

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

co-worker says brake booster because that takes the most vacuum from the engine.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I putted in some injector cleaners and no more shaking at low idle......

brake booster?? wheres that? and how can I check it?

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

Working...
                      X