Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weird revving/idle/acceleration

F22 automatic, still trying to ask my mechanic what the tranny came off of

This started asbout yesterday, the car will rev and drop continuously. When in any gear it accelarates and drops over and over. So its basically accelerating by itself

Reset my ecu and fixed my overheating issue earlier, now this problem starts

No CELS are being thrown, can anyone throw me a frickn bone here?

-- Check out my CB -- My CRV blackhousing thread!!-- My CG coupe--

you should try a different ecu..
    93 Cb7 Ex Sedan

Comment

PLEASE make your titles descriptive of the problem... nobody is going to search for "weird".

I swear... the noobs can do it, but the "big boys" still post this stupid shit.

Does this happen while the car is moving, or while sitting at idle? If it's at idle, please search for "erratic idle", and you will find 15,000,000,000 threads on the subject.... the most useful of which are located in the sticky threads at the top of this section, as well as the beginner technical section.

Comment

Ok. Sorry..

Anyways yeah it happens moving or idle. When in park it revs above 2k rpm and when in drive, not much below 2k. It'll accelerate the car itself, the throttle cables not moving itself or anything.

Never had any kind of idle issue with my car

Comment

Does it happen while you're pressing the gas pedal, or when you're completely off throttle?

Comment

Just when I'm completely off the throttle. Although, every now and then while throttle is pressed, it loses power for just a second. But that only happened a few times, the other problem is constant

Comment

That's an erratic idle. HondaFan81 made a very useful thread for properly setting your base idle... and there are a few other good threads that offer a few additional fixes. Most of that can be found in the "sticky" threads, as this is one of the most common issues with our cars.

The loss of power could be a few things... if it's a noticeable bog that makes you have to push the gas harder to fight through it, it's most likely an o2 sensor issue (that can happen without a CEL for a little while... experienced that myself.)

Comment

Originally posted by blk93 View Post
                Just when I'm completely off the throttle. Although, every now and then while throttle is pressed, it loses power for just a second. But that only happened a few times, the other problem is constant

Well since this happened after you "fixed your over heating issue", I would say you need to bleed the coolant system correctly. Air in the coolant system will cause erratic idling.
                Originally posted by Mishakol129
                Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Good thinking..it was a ripped hose so I'm sure there's air in there. It smoked pretty bad

Comment

Good thinking..it was a ripped hose so I'm sure there's air in there. It smoked pretty bad

Well if you just replaced the hose and didn't bleed the system, then yeah there's air in there. Bleed it and let us know, don't forget to turn the heater on hot while your bleeding it.

Comment

Flushed and bled the system thouroughly. Went ahead and adjusted my idle too. Runs nice and smooth now. Thanks for the help..turned out to be a no-brainer.

We learn as we go

Comment

I always forget the coolant as a possible cause for a bad idle.
                        See... now when someone searches, they'll find this thread
                        Glad you fixed it.

Comment

Flushed and bled the system thouroughly. Went ahead and adjusted my idle too. Runs nice and smooth now. Thanks for the help..turned out to be a no-brainer.

We learn as we go
                          Good to hear, yeah its nice when its something small and simple.

Comment

Working...
                          X