f22ax seals wierd oil leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22ax seals wierd oil leak

Ok i have a oil leak from the trans side, all the seals from the drivers side are changed, the oil pan gasket are new, and im sure it's motor oil, not ATF, no leaks on distributor, the leak como between the trans and the motor, it's a seal there?

i can't foun my ahynes manual, and im sure there was a pic with the seal's of the motor.

thank's
    Razer.-

Rev rev rev

could be the rear main seal...i think thats what its called...
    Last edited by LX Rida; 03-10-2005, 12:31 PM.
    92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

that's sound's like hard work

Razer.-

Rev rev rev

Comment

yessir.. rear main seal.. need to pull the tranny to replace.. pain in the ass if the motors in the car, still a bitch if its out..

have fun..

Comment

Rear main is the single most difficult seal to replace on the car. It is where the crank comes out of the engine to meet the tranny.

Be prepared for a big bill at the shop of your choice.

Having your rear main go out is like hitting the lottery- its so infrequent and so rare to go out.
          Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
          2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
          2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
          2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

well, going out completely, yes.. but they do leak after time... i noticed this on the motor i pulled out of my wagon..

Comment

well this gonna be fun

i want to change by my self, i want to learn and proly make some mistakes but keep everything under control. thank's for the help
              Razer.-

Rev rev rev

Comment

The tough part is getting the tranny out and back in - on a '92 at least, the rear main seal is contained in it's own bolt in plate. Just replaced mine and that part was easy - just remember to use a torque wrench on the bolts that hold the seal plate in place. I got the wrong spec and ended up breaking one of the small bolts off - one "easy-out" later I was back in business. Never tried to pull the tranny with the engine in the car - my shop manual says it's possible but it was tough enough to get the (manual) tranny mated back up to the block with it out of the car! Just go slow and if you don't have some brand of shop manual - buy one.

Comment

having an extra pair of hands is a great idea. The shifter cable will get caught on many different lines and brackets
                  Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Working...
                  X