Rear Motor Mount Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Motor Mount Issues

First off I have the manual tranny. I was taking a look at it tonight, planning on replacing the mount over the weekend. Anyway, I see this huge mount back there that looks like it's for the automatic tranny and not the manual. See picture for what I mean.

So what gives? Any clues?
    Attached Files
    Bart: What's your name?
    Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.

there are 2 types of rear 5spd mounts. i think se's and ex's have those but im not sure, but i do know that there are solid and rear hydraulic mounts for 5speeds

Comment

Well, got me an EX here, that's probably it. I was expecting the smaller mount.

Comment

i thought the automatic had the valve thing.
        are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

its probably the automatic rear mount without the solenoid valve...oh and i cant see the pic

Comment

The attachment should work picture wise.

Ya, it looks just like the auto tranny mount but without the servo/solenoid thing.

Like I said, I was expecting to see the small round one. It looks like the bracket from the motor to the mount would be different also for the big behemoth mount versus the small round one.

Comment

Any clues?

Comment

junkyard to get the other mount? I didn't know about that change in mounts either
                Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

yea you'll have to get the smaller bracket that is made for the small mount if u want to go that way. i think honda made some of the 5speeds this way so it will be smoother driving it for people.

Comment

Just f-in great...

Comment

92 EX with manual tranny - just went through mine (160K miles) - had two broken motor mounts. Rear mount is one LARGE rubber piece similar to the drawing but has no valving etc. Just a large roughly triangular piece. Assuming your motor is basically stock, is there any reason to go with the smaller piece? Mine seems to be working great (it was NOT one of the two that had failed) and appears to be well on its way to another 200K miles.

Comment

I dunno about swapping the two, I know you would have to get the engine bracket from a DX/LX to do it.

Only thing I could think of would be for racing, beats me.

Comment

Working...
                        X