another idle issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another idle issue

Alright guys I have a real puzzle. I have a bad idle that i formed when i adjusted my valve lash. And Im missing in the 3rd cylinder

here is my set up
    F22a1 motor
    h23 intake and trottle body
    blox adjustable fuel pressure regulator
    hybrid short ram intake
    delta 262 cam

I am getting fuel

I know this because I have taken the fuel rail off and inspected it for blockages. I have also switched my injector out with a known working one (4th cylinder) I also raised my fuel pressure to 45psi I know this because I keep a gauge on it.

I am getting air, that's a given

I have compression, about 178psi

I have spark

I had pulled the plug wire and popped a spare plug into it turned the car on and saw a regular spark pattern. I have also switdhed the wire out to make sure that was not the issue.

Now if I run my car with my spark wire unplugged it sounds like a subaru. When I drive it around with the wire plugged in it does not sound like a subaru. When the car is idling, I can pull the 3rd cylinder wire and the engine does not change rpms like it should. I have a brand new distributor. Before I installed the distributor the same issue was happening to cylinder 1. Now it is happening to cylinder 3. I believe this misfire at idle is causing a poor idle and also is the reason my engine dies when I come to a stop. I really don't know what this is and I have been fighting this issue for the past 6 months. If anybody has any suggestions or ideas please let me know. I am at the end of the rope with my car and just ran out of patience.
    Last edited by pedalpusher90; 08-22-2011, 11:25 PM.
    Originally posted by Gummiegorilla
    Damn CBs are like a Rubix Cube sometimes !!!!

One thing i never asked you but

What ECU are you running since?

Comment

I am running a stock 93 ex ecu

Comment

well it turns out I do not have a miss fire, i just have a really loapy cam and im running a stock fuel map

Comment

Working...
        X