Steering wheel Vibrations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering wheel Vibrations

First off i apologize if this thread happens to be a repeat, yes i did search and came up empty handed. Anyways my steering wheel would vibrate if i was going over 110 km/h and when braking, found out that the driver side outer tie-rod was blown, end link were worn. so i changed them, it still vibrates, but after 75-80km/h now. Any suggestion thx in advance

Check your rotors. That is usually a cause of steering wheel vibration when braking. If they are smooth, then theyre fine. But if they are ridged, then they need to be replaced.

Theres some info in the DIY section, and a video. Its a pain in the ass, so I would recommend doing a Rotor over Hub conversion while youre down there.
    That way it will be easier to change them in the future.

Sold to: dbsharp, daheavyking X3
    Bought from:'93CB7Ex, xkjnboix, duffmanivxx, remix405, CB7tuner official shop

Comment

I had a similar issue and it ended up being a damaged CV axle.
      1993 Accord LX Coupe 5spd

Comment

Check all bushing related to suspension and steering. Inspect upper and lower ball joints for play. Inspect rotors/pads for warpage, cracks, or any other deformities. Don't forget about wheel bearing as well. They are a culprit that can lead to serious vibrations.
        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

First you need to isolate when it shakes. Does it shake only when you apply the brake. If so then the front rotors are warped. You cannot see a warp either so don't just see if they have ridges or what. You can also have a shop turn your rotors. My shop charges 80 to turn the rotors and install new pads.

If it shakes all the time could be a bad tire issue. Check your tires and suspension for any play.

Comment

could be separated tires

bent wheel

unbalanced tires

a bad alignment if you haven't done one in a long time

bad or worn out CV axles...check for ripped boots and grease splattered everywhere

bushings that are cracked or failing

worn out wheel bearings that have excessive play

worn out suspension components such as lower and upper balljoints

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Im having the same exact problem with my cb to, i replaced one of my two front tires and the shaking reduced,so im guessing its a tire issue.

How are your tires? In my case, both front tires had camber wear.

I also changed one of my front upper control arm because it was cracked.

CALI LIFE STYLE
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=145883

Comment

I would go get your tires balanced. it's not expensive and i've lost weights from taking the tire off to do work. (as in i just push it over once it's off the studs, lol) 75% of the time doing that fixes a shake for me.

And if it doesnt help the shake then atleast you can scratch that from the list and check out other things. But it's an easy and inexpensive thing to get done.
                90 LX, 270,XXX miles strong!

Comment

Working...
                X