Rear ended need advice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear ended need advice...

got rear ended this morning. i know i need a trunk lid, but what about the damage to the actual trunk? would that be considered frame damage or is that easily pulled out and fixed. anybody have a ball park figure on an estimate for the work. thanks in advance...

Originally posted by jdmwannabee View Post

got rear ended this morning. i know i need a trunk lid, but what about the damage to the actual trunk? would that be considered frame damage or is that easily pulled out and fixed. anybody have a ball park figure on an estimate for the work. thanks in advance...
    Ya that is no good...you can see right through to the concrete lol.

Afaik, that can't be swapped so easy so it would be easier to pull it out.

As far as the price, i think it would depends on the place but id say it is going to run a few hundred bucks at the least.

Comment

no estimate price but you might be able to push that out with some sort of jack...wont be perfect but hey might be good enough...are you not getting paid by the other guys insurance?

Ride List
      1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
      2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
      newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

Car is uni bodied costructed meaning that the body is one peice. You can cut an replace that peice but if you aint good with welder an body work which i am not lol take to a body shop. They may be able to pull it back with frame machine but might be just as exspensive as just replacing. Sorry to say but the insurance company might try to total the car due to its low bluebook value. If i remeber frame machine is charged by the pull or how many pulls the do. Id throw a guess of at least 1500 to fix an i may be low ballin. Again this is just my guess based on when i did frame work
        Last edited by ugafan001; 08-17-2011, 01:13 PM.

Comment

thanks guys i'm on the phone with the other party's insurance company right now trying to get my claim started...

i'm hoping that the trunk can just be pulled out. bitch only had a paint scuff on the bottom of her bumper....

Comment

Get a big ass mallet and save those two powerades for all the time your going to be hammering that huge dent in your trunk out. swap the lid if anything .
            Did anything happen to the gas tank?
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=177927 <MY BUILD PROGReSS
            Originally posted by deevergote
            it won't be because cb7tuner told him to! It'll be because it's time to feed the trouser snake...

Comment

Search around on here, another memeber straightened out his front end by using another vehicle to pull it straight.

Your in GA, which means you know at least 1 person with a truck.

Get it done!

Id try pulling it my self first.

Can't really make it any worse lol.

Comment

so i filed my claim with her insurance company and i'm waiting to hear back from an adjustor... my cars worth about 1k, i can't claim my suspension or motor adds value :-(
                i'll see what the insurance offers me... hopefully i can get it pulled out, the damage is mostly at the top near the latch the bottom is undamaged....

if that doesn't go my way i'll get some chains and see if i can pull it out myself...

Comment

Next time, act like your neck is broke. Go ahead and get your title out, because now they are going to write salvage on it.

I would take that to a body shop or find a friend that can do it for you. Thats not even close to being bad and wouldn't be smart to part the car out or let the insurance company have it.

Comment

I can tell you right now that will end up being totalled. Since you called the insurance wait to see what happens but their not gonna fix it. They will cut you a check and you can buy it back with a salvage title. Really though who cares bout that huh.

Comment

the appraiser came by friday, i'm waiting to hear back from the insurance company. the appraiser told me they don't go by kbb or market value, they go by NADA value. i got an estimate for the work and it wasn't that bad. the only thing i can do is wait.

Comment

i had the same rear end damage done to my 90 lx.....insurance claimed it totaled because it would cost more than the actual car would.

Comment

he rear-ended you, so he has to fix
                          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

so they totaled the car... next question is what exactly constitutes a car?

i want to take the exhaust suspension and wheels and tires and other misc crap. does the car have to be able to be rolled in order for them to take it? i have stock suspension i can put back on if necessary.

what's the general rule about this?

Comment

I would buy the car back. Usually they will sell it back for couple hundred an u can either get salvage title an fix or have spare parts car an after stripping all u want take to a scrap yard. I am in steel buisness an scrap is selling for pretty penny. Proly get ur money back an maybe more.

Comment

Working...
                              X