Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone know the symptoms of a collapsed pressure plate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anyone know the symptoms of a collapsed pressure plate?

ok i already took down the tranny and i thought all i needed was grease on the shaft where the clutch rides because i know i forgot to grease it when i did my auto to manual a couple of months ago so anyway here is what happened... at first i couldnt shift into gear smoothly so i decided to drop the tranny and i greased it up good enough and inspected all parts throw out bearing spins freely clutch disc has some meat left on it and pressure plate isnt broken or mising fingers. So i figured i didnt need a new clutch and put everything back together only thing that looked questionable was the clutch fork which was really loose but i already asked and i guess thats ok. and now that i put everything back together i bled the s**t out of it and now i cant even get into gear they all go in smoothly when the car is off but when on nothing wont go into any gear at all. Im stuck and now i dont know where to go from here any help would be greatly appreciated and for the record when i did the swap i didnt buy a new clutch it was slightly used and so is the flywheel they only had about 500 miles on them or so i was told i really want to get my CB running again so please help me out guys

Originally posted by devstar66 View Post
    ok i already took down the tranny and i thought all i needed was grease on the shaft where the clutch rides because i know i forgot to grease it when i did my auto to manual a couple of months ago so anyway here is what happened... at first i couldnt shift into gear smoothly so i decided to drop the tranny and i greased it up good enough and inspected all parts throw out bearing spins freely clutch disc has some meat left on it and pressure plate isnt broken or mising fingers. So i figured i didnt need a new clutch and put everything back together only thing that looked questionable was the clutch fork which was really loose but i already asked and i guess thats ok. and now that i put everything back together i bled the s**t out of it and now i cant even get into gear they all go in smoothly when the car is off but when on nothing wont go into any gear at all. Im stuck and now i dont know where to go from here any help would be greatly appreciated and for the record when i did the swap i didnt buy a new clutch it was slightly used and so is the flywheel they only had about 500 miles on them or so i was told i really want to get my CB running again so please help me out guys
    I've never heard of a collapsed pressure plate but did you correctly bleed all the air out so that you have good clutch pedal? (Pedal should not be soft).

My swap thread
    Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

ran into this issue, turned out the customer provided a part that bolted up but wasnt correct. a new clutch kit solved the issue. (pressure plate was wrong). i had that tranny out 4 times, LOL
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Sounds like a warped clutch disk.

Does the car move forward when the car is stopped and off, clutch pedal in, gear in 1st, and you try to start it?

Comment

Working...
        X