Help! Fuel pump not turning on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Fuel pump not turning on

I changed my fuel pump for my build to a walbro 255 about a year ago. The fuel pump is not turning on when i turn the key. It has been working fine and i noticed my car cut out the other day but kicked right back on, so i am guessing the fuel pump stopped working. Now i went to start it today and the fuel pump isnt even priming. Any ideas????

the car cranks but is getting no fuel because the pump isnt priming

Comment

anyone?

Comment

The main relay is a likely culprit. Can you hear it click (high up under the dash) when you turn the key? A lot easier to change the relay first. There is a thread on here somewhere on how to resolder the connections in the relay if you don't want to buy one.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
          The main relay is a likely culprit. Can you hear it click (high up under the dash) when you turn the key? A lot easier to change the relay first. There is a thread on here somewhere on how to resolder the connections in the relay if you don't want to buy one.
          i replaced the relay. It is good i can hear it click and i tested it. do you know which wire is the hot wire?

Comment

no one seems to want to help... hmm

Comment

Originally posted by brian91accord View Post
              i replaced the relay. It is good i can hear it click and i tested it. do you know which wire is the hot wire?
              How did you test it?

Are you sure its not the fuel pump that is faulty, the wiring in the tank come loose, or the fuel pump earth loose?

The feed wire is the yellow one.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                How did you test it?

Are you sure its not the fuel pump that is faulty, the wiring in the tank come loose, or the fuel pump earth loose?

The feed wire is the yellow one.
                well i jumped 5 and 7 on the main relay and the pump comes on.. tonight the pump came on by itself and the CEL went off and it tried to start but then the CEL light popped back on. I cleaned the ground from the fuel pump and under the thermostat. I checked all the fuses.. Someone said something about a red fuse under the hood. I checked every fuse in the box and at the kick panel inside. I tapped the fuel tank nothing happened. I am stumped at this point.. I don't know what else to do.

Comment

Working...
                X