4 dizzy's in 2 months???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 dizzy's in 2 months???

So I had my car break down on me awhile ago. It ended up being the dizzy went bad but what was weird is they replaced it in shop and the new dizzy didnt work but for 5 minutes, so they replaced it with another that lasted for about 3 weeks but that one broke last week. They replaced that one and now the car's running again. They replaced the last 2 for free so no problem with the shop trying to screw me.

Im worried about what could be causing me to burn up rotors, or if the parts are just crappy.

The car is not abused or raced, it's my DD and is mostly stock minus an intake and header. But nothing on the electrical system. I know I need a new starter soon but I dont think that would cause the dizzy to burn up.

Any thoughts from anyone?
    90 LX, 270,XXX miles strong!

Why would they even replace the whole distributor in the first place? It's usually just the ignitor or coil inside that goes bad, and it's fairly easy to diagnose it. But that's not normal unless they are giving you old used parts.

My swap thread
    Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

They were brand new, not even reman. I even looked at them when they pulled them out of the box. I only paid for the first one, they replaced it and the others for free and no labor.

I'm starting to think maybe my starter may be damaging them. The starter arcs like a mofo when it turns over and I'm thinking that the arc may be causing things to go wierd. Reason being all the dizzy's went bad after starting the car, causing me to miss on some cylinders, while it ran fine 5 minutes before.

Im replacing the starter tmrw anyways so we'll find out if that could be something to do with it.
      90 LX, 270,XXX miles strong!

Comment

Working...
      X