couple of cb7 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

couple of cb7 questions

i tried to search for them but i couldnt find the answers i was lookin for..

1. what does the sports, normal option on the shifter do?

2. where is the speed sensor located (i need to fix it or replace..)

3. how does power shifting work? my friends says i could do the following: ( starting in the 1 on the shifter, then going to 2 d3 d4 etc..)
    is this true (btw the car is auto.)

4. what are the difference between auto and manual? besides control and gas milage

thanks
    The Car

Sports shift holds the auto transmission in gear till redline before shifting. Normal mode shifts at the optimum point for comfort and economey.

The sensor is located on the transmission next to the rear engine mount bracket.

You can't so called power shift an automatic. The sports shift option emulates the manual shifting up threw the gears.

I don't understand your last quesiton, the difference is obvious isn't it? An automatic transaxle shifts automaticly where a manual transaxle requires the operator to make the required gear selections.
    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Originally posted by BustedLX
      Sports shift holds the auto transmission in gear till redline before shifting. Normal mode shifts at the optimum point for comfort and economey.

The sensor is located on the transmission next to the rear engine mount bracket.

You can't so called power shift an automatic. The sports shift option emulates the manual shifting up threw the gears.

I don't understand your last quesiton, the difference is obvious isn't it? An automatic transaxle shifts automaticly where a manual transaxle requires the operator to make the required gear selections.

Well put my Friend. I couldn't have explainedit better

Comment

dont try to shift up through the gears in an auto, they are fragile and manual is way more fun and also the parasitic loss is less

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

yeah take his advice^^^^^^ur gonna regret it in a couple thousand miles

Comment

well thats the thing though. bryan a cb7member here shift his auto tranny for almost 2 years with no problem...
            me on the other hand never shifted and i had to replace my tranny(sliped on second gear over 3200rpm till it shit on me lmao)
            are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Sports shift holds the auto transmission in gear till redline before shifting.
              Not to rag on ya, but this isn't totally accurate. If you have it in sport mode but only give it like 1/2 inch of throttle it won't try to climb to redline. It will push the rev's higher than normal but it won't go to redline unless you give it a reasonably high amount of open throttle. It is true that it carries the rev's higher on purpose though. But this can be done by just opening your throttle up, which is why Honda decided it was better to drop it.

I'm sure that's what you meant though.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
              where you been, is something wrong?
              i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Working...
              X