Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best price for a clutch/flywheel combo (and best options?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best price for a clutch/flywheel combo (and best options?)

I found this:
    http://www.clutchcityonline.com/Exed...da_Prelude.htm

The Exedy clutch has 35% more holding power over stock
    The xACT flywheel (12.5lb is what I want) is chromoly, so it's strong.

$490 shipped. Does anyone know of a better deal than that? I certainly don't! Exedy is an OEM manufacturer, and ACT is known for decent quality, I believe. Has anyone heard otherwise? I'm VERY close to ordering that stuff...

a friend of mine ordered the same thing for his EK from the same place that price, shipped, is really hard to beat.
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Awesome! Was your friend happy with what he got?

Comment

if i get a stage 3 exedy clutch and put it on a stock accord would i lose power??

Comment

You shouldn't. The clutch just transferrs power, it doesn't make or break it. You would have LOTS of fun in traffic with a stage 3 though! And forget riding the clutch if you want it to last... Personally, I wouldn't go with anything over a stage 2 for a street car. I'm probably going with a stage 1 for now myself. I'll go with something stronger when i fully build my motor.

Comment

thanks for the advice

Comment

I have the exedy clutch... 8805 is my part number. Has held up well, and grabs pretty good. No complaints. At first i thought it was slipping.. but it was just my tires

Comment

Originally posted by aero3685
                I have the exedy clutch... 8805 is my part number. Has held up well, and grabs pretty good. No complaints. At first i thought it was slipping.. but it was just my tires
                what stage is your exedy? and what kind of flywheel do you have on?

Comment

That's a pretty good deal

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

on ebay for an exedy clutch and a fizanda flywheel its like 420...

Comment

I was going to get the Exedy stage 1 and Fidanza 7.5lb combo for $400 shipped... but its not there anymore. I might get the Exedy Stage 1 and ACT prolite 8.8lb combo for a little more... Like $515 shipped.

Comment

aiight this is gonna be a stupid question since i know nothing at all about clutches... but what are the principles differences between stage 1 and stage 2 clutches?

Comment

stage 1 is like a oem replacement with alittle extra holding power

stage 2 is more holding power

stage 3 is a street/strip application and sucks in traffic with even more holding power

stage 4+ is usually race only

those are some really light flywheels. but why get stage 1 now and upgrade later? go ahead with the stage 2 so you dont have to mess with it later

Comment

The benefits between Stage 1 and Stage 2 are greater holding power... The higher the stage, the more power it can withstand. The downsides are that the higher stage clutches decrease drivability. I know of a guy in my area with a Camaro that has a full racing clutch in it... There are two speeds for this guy: Stop and Go. No slow slipping of the clutch... it's either engaged or it isn't.

The higher stage clutches can often make the pedal harder to press (making traffic a bitch). They also create clutch clatter (making the driver want to ride the clutch to decrease it, which will kill the clutch really quick). I also heard that they wear out faster, but I have no confirmation on that.

Comment

Personally, I'm sticking to the Stage 1. It can hold 36% more over stock (according to Exedy, the only one I'm considering). So far I have the H22 with a few mild bolt-ons... My plans include Stage 1 cams, ECU tuning, and possibly a good header. Then maybe some headwork. I'm not anywere near needing more holding power just yet!

Comment

Working...
                              X