Special lug nuts for rims??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Special lug nuts for rims??

I am about to buy a set of 17 Inch Motegi Mr7 rims in the morning and would like to mount them. I was just wondering if I was going to need any type of special lug nut or if I can just use the ones on my stock steelies for now? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by HardInThePaint
    WTF, thats like placing the cheese underneath the beef patty and calling it a burgercheese. Regardless of how u slice it the shit is a cheeseburger.

If they're slim lug nut style then you will have to get new lug nuts, because the stock ones will not fit. Get M12 x 1.5 you can get them at the auto parts store for around 30 bucks.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
    2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

You need tuner lugs and you can get those at autozone or any auto parts store, they should run you like $20-$30 they come with all 16 plus a special key or socket. Your stock lug nuts will not work.

Comment

So tuner lug nuts M12 x 1.5
        Thanks for the help, I want to swap them on when I get there and then go for a balance and alignment.

WTF, thats like placing the cheese underneath the beef patty and calling it a burgercheese. Regardless of how u slice it the shit is a cheeseburger.

Comment

Yup you will need the tuner lugs and make sure you get that size also, if not you will probably have a very bad day.

Great idea on getting them balanced the same day also

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
          2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Is there a Discount Tire in your state? Gorilla makes what's called Spline Tuner lugnuts. They have low clearance for those tight lug holes. The Motegi MR7s are the worst with that, even the spline tuner lugs barely fit unless you get it perfectly threaded on there.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Tires for MR7 17" rims

So I went and got the rims and they guy exaggerated a little about the amount of life left on the tires. So now I am looking into replacement tires(and hub centric rings) and wanted to know what size tires I can get away with.

I want to go with something a little taller and wider, but worry about rub issues. What do you guys think? The tires on there now are 205/45 17

Comment

also check if they're straight taper or round. I think most aftermarket have a straight tapered hole, I know steelies are round tapered.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Originally posted by wherm View Post
                  also check if they're straight taper or round. I think most aftermarket have a straight tapered hole, I know steelies are round tapered.
                  When I got there he had the lug nuts that he was using for his Civic and he just gave them to me with the rims. The hub rings are different though so I did my best to get them on straight but I think one of my fronts is a little off due to some new vibration.

Comment

Working...
                  X