Seafoam Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seafoam Results

I decided to grow a pair and try Seafoam for the first time today. With 215,235+ miles as of earlier today, I poured about 1/4 of the can of Seafoam Motor Treatment down through the brake booster vacuum line going to the intake, engine fully warmed up and running. Then, I poured the rest into a half-tank of Exxon regular I got this morning.

To my surprise... it seems to have improved the engine, a lot. Coming out of the Pep Boys parking lot, I could definitely feel the difference in throttle response. I drive like a grandpa, maybe even slower, and I've noticed that the same amount of throttle application gives me more response than before. There is less of a thud kind of feeling when the trans shifts as well, and the revs don't hang nearly as long as before. Overall, I'm impressed with the results thus far, and I really only added a tiny bit via the vacuum line (added a quarter but the can says add a third).

Most importantly, at least to me, is that the idle is NO WHERE near as rough as before. Well, I guess it was never really that rough, but the vibration throughout the cabin and entire car was ridiculous. I wasn't even paying attention to the idle quality after adding the Seafoam until I stopped at a few lights and realized there was nothing rattling, the water bottle in the cup holder wasn't making earthquake waves, the steering wheel stopped having a seizure, and my seat massage stopped. Definitely happy about that

Just thought this would be interesting to people who may be considering trying Seafoam. Of course, I have yet to experience any oil leaks or deteriorating seals as Seafoam tends to scare people about. I'm just hoping for the best.
    Last edited by markj; 06-16-2011, 06:59 PM.
    1991 HONDA ACCORD EX COUPE
    2014 Volvo XC70 T6 AWD ----- 2000 Honda Odyssey LX
    2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S ------ 1994 Toyota Corolla DX
    2001 Subaru Outback --------- 1990 Infiniti M30

i used seafoam at least 8 times on 8 different cars and in all true honesty.... i think it helps.

Comment

how much is it for a can?

Comment

@agol, its like $10, but oreilly has them on sale for buy 2, get one free

Sold to: dbsharp, daheavyking X3
        Bought from:'93CB7Ex, xkjnboix, duffmanivxx, remix405, CB7tuner official shop

Comment

I never like putting any additives in my car

Maybe they help maybe they do damage you never know.

1992 Accord EX Coupe >http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post3060200
          Originally posted by keepinitclean
          I give it 2 weeks before you sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkHusk11 View Post
            I never like putting any additives in my car

Maybe they help maybe they do damage you never know.
            Why do you feel uncertain about additives? All additives have their place and application although some are a gimmick like the liquid head gasket stuff you add to your coolant. But something like Seafoam has pretty much been proven to help out with carbon build up.

You also don't have to add it to the gas tank or oil like I know some people do. I usually just run it through a vacuum line to be burnt like markj did.
            Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

i do not like additives either, but Seafoam is one of those necessary liquid tools. i do 2/3 of a can through the intake, the remainder in a very low gas tank... at least once a year. sometimes ill split 2 cans and also add some to the oil, but that is much more rare for me. i still feel the improvement every time, at least to some degree.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I just did this on my 246,800 mile Accord I picked up on tuesday....I think its worth the 8 bucks a can. I can feel a power increase, even in this 130hp F22A4.

Also doesn't hesistate as much when taking off (5spd)

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Since I don't know where some things are in engine till shown...can anyone take a picture of the hose you put the Seafoam in? I have major noise in transmission and a flapping sound in engine but not real big lost of power in engine. One mechanic said replace the engine and another said replace the transmission. I have full Honda fluids everywhere but still the oil light flashes when I get off hyway and I dare not drop into D4 unless I want to look like a smoking house! I'll spend 8 on a can to see what happens.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
                  New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
                  My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Working...
                  X