No announcement yet.

Bisi Header Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel bad to those who r having issues. Spending all that cash and being unhappy with headaches. Honestly I rather get a 4 2 1 header, cut the downpipe in half, stick a 2into1 pipe over that with 2.25 collector.. then from there to the back of the car with 2.25 piping... hell even a 4-1 kamakazie header will b nice.

Anyways does any1 kno the true hp or whp gain on our f engines? If its not 20-30whp which is bonkers. Wat is it?
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I seem to be hearing a lot of bad things about bisi to. My buddy had a all motor d series in his eg with a bisi header and it seemed like every week we were going to get a crack re welded. My buddy was pissed about it with the money he paid for the header to begin with he shouldn't have to do that.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

I thought all bisi headers were setup the same. Like a F.

What did your boi do about it?? Did bisi's company help in anyway?

Comment

Bisi header on our cars shows a 10-12whp gain once tuned so you've roughly spent $2000 for 10whp. It's money wasted IMO unless you have a race car and even then i'm sure you could fab a header to compete with it for less than half the money.

Their cams on the other hand are worth looking into and decent for the power vs money.

02 Crv
          02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
          92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
          Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Ppl keep saying Race header. Isn't this header suppose 2 b designed for DD?

Comment

It's actually supposed to be a "custom header" not a race header. They are "custom"..cough..cough...... built for what ever your engine has been built for. So if you daily drive your stock engine. The header would be built to DD. If you have an all out N/A built race engine. Then it should be a "custom" race header.

However, that being said. A 4-1 slip fit style header and exhaust is better known in the racing world than it is the daily driver one. There aren't too many slip fit OEM exhausts on grocery getting sedans out there! Bikes and sleds are about the only ones I know of that come out of the factory with slip fit exhausts.
              Last edited by GhostAccord; 02-29-2012, 02:09 PM.
              MR Thread
              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Dyno after dyno, test after test, people contribuiting money so other people could test this product.

Its like saying you have a royal flush and that you won and you excpect people to believe you w/o actually showing your hand, i mean.... if your are a poker champion other people should not question you right?

Famous billion dollar companies plumit to the ground because of some stupid recall or by false advertising, even shitty customer service.

I mean what do you expect? even though to some $1000 dollars spent on a header might no be much, but as i've seen, its a lot to the accord community expecially when the product doesnt meet 100% of its requirements.

Again just because this header gave more than 60% of its buyers a problem doesnt mean bisimoto is a shitty company, depending on the way bisimoto and his staff handle this will be how the company will progress on the future. People will always remember you because of the bad things you've done unfortunately.

It doesnt matter if the insight reaches the moon, or the 2012 si can reach mars, in the end people will remember you by that little header and all the troubles it caused, now even though haters will hate and hater love is what makes us who we are, you can never let your guard down and i think this is what happened with this product.

an inexpensive flange, a premade collector, a couple of bent pipes with 4 $1 springs and some welding time and great advertising can make you $800 in revenue, shit... why not?

i mean a poker class by a 10 year in a row champion? of course you would jump ship, BUT, if after the class i still dont know shit about poker i too would be pissed

wish you the best of luck
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

To those that are having ANY issues, get on this immediately. You are probably not aware (I wasn't) but all the headers have a 1 yr warranty. Mine is way too old and outdated. Also learned that they no longer do mild steel, they're all stainless steel now. Best way to contact is def. 888-922-6686, press 3 for tech dept. Good luck!

Comment

Well mine has always leaked and never lined up correctly, but ive talked back and forth to julio.. who said it leaks because i have a race header on my daily driver w/ stock mounts (aside from a E.S. dogbone insert)

Im not paying shipping to send my header back to bisi just to have to pay to have it shipped back and them not do a damn thing about it. Ill get it fixed someday. Its just very de-motivational to hear how bad my header leaks and rattles tho when my car is cold.

Guess thats what i get for trying to suppost some1 who used to specialize in our motors but has since sold out and moved onto bigger and better things lol. Im not hating shit ill still probably end up buying block parts from him when the time comes to rebuild the bottom end again

8 Accords so far:
                    '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                    '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                    (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

For anyone still having leak issues with there slip fit header. Have a look into Burns Stainless LLC's double fit slip merge collectors. This is the type of system that will help you out.

They are sleeves that come down over the slip connection and create a double seal/double slip.

Originally posted by http://www.burnsstainless.com
                      I'm not sure if they sell the sleeves separate, however it would be a pretty cheap solution if you can make 4 yourself or find an exhaust shop to make some.
                      Last edited by GhostAccord; 03-20-2012, 09:47 AM.
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                      X