No announcement yet.

Bisi Header Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took advantage of group buy thing they run recently. Had I known this issue before hand, I wouldn't have ordered it. It is a little too late for me as my header is on its way.
    A&P-IA

Comment

I wish I did take pics @ the time, I did not. My green CB is long gone now I have all my perf. parts waiting to go on a 91 SE. I have to have this header LEAK FREE before it goes on this car, it's just too nice to have it all carbon'd up.

I do regret keeping my mouth shut about my issues, as stated, I was like #3 or something on the original list, just after HondaFan81. I've had mine awhile. I did not want to ruin the sales of the groupbuys and I just assumed that the 1st run had some QC issues. But I do feel that Bisi's beloved project cars get the perfection and the customer parts can be @ times just so so. I tried addressing my issues w/ Robert, but he was of no help, just wicked frustrated, put the header aside for awhile.

I was considering the same thing, why deal w/ 4 leaking pipes? Weld the collector and have a disconnect on the single downpipe, sounds like a good idea to me. I honestly don't even know why his headers aren't like this in the 1st place. You could easily cut slits and use a clamp on a single pipe. W/ all 4 pipes touching, there's no room for clamps.

Header is a Bisimoto F22A street header, mild steel w/ Jet Hot, paid $1000. SS was $1300, I should've bought a raw SS version instead.

Comment

i have the same design with my custom unequal length and i just dealt with the leak but you do bring up a good point with a single slip fit connection.

hell it doesnt even need to be slip fit, it can be a v band flange or a ball end type like the civics
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
          As for fixing it, a good option would be to weld the slip joint together, then cut the 3" pipe at the bottom of the collector, and weld in a 3" small block Chevy header flange. That way you can still remove the header without disassembling half of the car.
          At this point i think this is my only real option for a leak free header. As of now its a Leaky, Rattling, Raspy, Smelly paperweight!

8 Accords so far:
          '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
          '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
          (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

What did Bisimoto tell you, if they ever got back to you?

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
            Don't forget about the loss of mid range power that most of these headers have shown on the dyno. From what I have been seeing lately. Seems like only the low Hp F22 Accord crowd are the ones still standing behind his "custom" headers.

Time to drop the price of these "Custom" headers if the quality control and reliability is dropping this fast. Not to mention the claimed power gains!
            Same thing I've read.
            | Cali Accord Meet | FatFourCustoms | HS4Lyfe

Do It Once, Do It Right!

Comment

Well Julio said they'd be happy to "Check it out" If i just sent in the header, and paid shipping both ways. Considereing my entire exhaust system was modified to fit this header that means my car would be down for the entire time and i would have to shell out another 100$+ in shipping costs for them to send it back and say... use more silicone? He also suggested my problem is because my "Race" header need "Race" mounts to eliminate any engine movement

8 Accords so far:

Comment

Originally posted by Koochologist View Post
                So do you think the header was worth it with all the issues your having? I was almost considering buying one instead of an H and building my F but now I don't think I would be doing this.
                NO, buy an H. I wish I would have

8 Accords so far:

Comment

What you have to pay for the shipping both ways that's some BS. If its a manufacturing error then they should pay for the shipping at least the return shipping
                  Sold to:
                  GunRunner,mtnickel,SanJoCaF22DrAcc,sikz6,daovangph otos,megarock15,
                  Purchased From :cb95spd,"sleepin"

Comment

Yea i just said fuck it, ill find a way to make it work its just hard cuz im freakin broke lol, and now my ignition shit out on me so i gotta get a new key cylinder and ignition switch Another 200$ out the window

I do have a guy ive been getting my exhaust done by he might be able to help me out with this situation tho with welding a new flange on it under the collector Ill give him a call probably a little closer to spring once i catch up on bills

8 Accords so far:

Comment

Originally posted by Cb_JoeyG View Post
                      Yea i just said fuck it, ill find a way to make it work its just hard cuz im freakin broke lol, and now my ignition shit out on me so i gotta get a new key cylinder and ignition switch Another 200$ out the window

I do have a guy ive been getting my exhaust done by he might be able to help me out with this situation tho with welding a new flange on it under the collector Ill give him a call probably a little closer to spring once i catch up on bills
                      yeah i just tig weld it up around the leaky collector and find another place to cut and add 2 flanges with a gasket. That seems like your only option right now.

I hate having to ship things back and forth, I had some Driveshaft shop axles that weren't working on my car and it ended up costing me over 200 bucks in shipping alone to get it to work right (so much for buying used axles, should've just bought new ones), but they finally figured it out after the third time, fml. They at least paid shipping back to me though which helped.

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

WTF!?! we should expect normal customer service when you pay that kind of money! I like bisimoto less and less

MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=164408

And on the eight day God created Honda!

Comment

Yea and i mean im not trying to talk them down or anything but as far as the customer service goes i dont exactly feel like i take much of a priority even tho ive spent well over a grand with them. Now if i lived in SoCal and had thousandssss to dump into a random honda and wanted to pay a shop all of that money to do it im sure they'd be kissing my ass left and right. At one point i had one of my springs fall off my header, i called them and told them about it. When i had recieved my header 3 outta the 4 springs were teh same and there was one oddball that was a completely different spring. Well guess which one fell off. And then i wanted a new on, The CORRECT one mailed to me and they charge me shipping. I payed 10$ for a shipping a single spring that ended up coming in an envelope with a 50c. stamp on it :\

Im in need of some more of the Bisi products but as far as stuff i can get elsewhere ill definatly be doing that..
                          Last edited by Cb_JoeyG; 01-15-2012, 06:16 PM.

8 Accords so far:

Comment

Bisi has been receiving a lot of criticism as of late. Check out this thread and read the experiences from other unhappy customers.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2988001
                            | Cali Accord Meet | FatFourCustoms | HS4Lyfe

Do It Once, Do It Right!

Comment

Thats it! Im going H with a Tri-Y

8 Accords so far:

Comment

I am very happy with my logic tri y header on the H. They promised too much and can`t deliver...of course we cant put up with that...answares would be nice from bisi too

MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=164408

And on the eight day God created Honda!

Comment

Working...
                                X