No fuel injector pulse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No fuel injector pulse

So my fuel injectors are not spraying. Nothing.to electrical pulse. I have 32psi at the rail. I changed my main relay twice. I also changed my fuel pump before all this all started. I also cleaned the harness ground,It just started dieing at stoplights and now it just quit running. what could it be I am at a loss.
    Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
    93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

If you probe one of the fuel injector wires with a meter, does one of them have 12v (or 5v). I forgot which voltage.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Idk. A friend of mine is a mechanic and he has this thing to check them and that's what we used. He knows alto about fuel injection.
      I just put a new dizzy on and that didnt do anything.

Comment

He doesn't know squat. If you can't hear the injectors you then got to determine if its the unit or power. What an idiot. If there is no fuel injector pulse, what will a distributor do????

Get his volt meter that he never used, probe the common color for the injectors to see if there is power....let me know how many volts.

It pisses me off when some Guy says they are experts when they just know how to replace parts. They assume what the problem is and waste money on a part that wont fix it. UTI guys (not all of them) are the worst.

If i tell someone to replace a part i make damn sure i confirm the issue.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

check your injector resister box, next to your strut tower bolts on driver side....change that ans see if that helps...also make sure you dont got a short some where in the injector harness,....

Comment

your distributor has your cam/crank position sensor in itand thats how it knows when to fire the injectors.He took this tool he uses and plugged a injector in to it and it has a light that should flash and it didn't so that's how I know.I dont have a volt meter. I have changed the resistor box.Isnt it that aluminum box with fins on the drivers shock tower if so I changed it
            Last edited by thepowderblue; 05-30-2011, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Have you tried simply testing the injectors yourself with a 12V source?take them out hook them up to 12V VIA battery they should click if not then they are bad.Ol simple way of testing injectors.Also at prime my CB put out around 40psi, but while cranking it was 45-50psi.32psi seems abit low to me.

02 Crv
              02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
              92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
              Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

i had the exact same problem, check if your getting power from the injectors to the pins in the ecu. I found out that i was getting power to the injector clips but not to the ecu, so i changed the engine wire harness and bam! that was the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by thepowderblue View Post
                  your distributor has your cam/crank position sensor in itand thats how it knows when to fire the injectors.He took this tool he uses and plugged a injector in to it and it has a light that should flash and it didn't so that's how I know.I dont have a volt meter. I have changed the resistor box.Isnt it that aluminum box with fins on the drivers shock tower if so I changed it

Its true. But you will always have a power source going to the injectors. The distributor acts as the switch to turn them off and on. Without the main power source it wont Ark. That's why the next logical easy step was to check voltage and not a distribitor

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                    Have you tried simply testing the injectors yourself with a 12V source?take them out hook them up to 12V VIA battery they should click if not then they are bad.Ol simple way of testing injectors.Also at prime my CB put out around 40psi, but while cranking it was 45-50psi.32psi seems abit low to me.
                    Why will they all be bad? The car just cranks and cranks not wanting to start at all.

Comment

dial style multimeter=$8 at autozone or radio shack. everyone should have one that lives in the 21st century. (just kidding! but you really should have one in your toolbox, it's as basic as having a screwdriver IMO). It comes in handy in the car, in the house....you name it. One of the old dial style ones (not digital) will work fine if you don't want to spring for a digital one.

Comment

So my fuel injectors are not spraying. Nothing.to electrical pulse. I have 32psi at the rail. I changed my main relay twice. I also changed my fuel pump before all this all started. I also cleaned the harness ground,It just started dieing at stoplights and now it just quit running. what could it be I am at a loss.
                        In the first place, how do you know they are not spraying? Did you listen to them by putting a screwdriver tip against the injector body and putting it to your ear? You should hear them clicking. If you did that and you didn't hear clicking, then they are definitely not spraying.

Comment

Originally posted by mikecb7LX92 View Post
                          i had the exact same problem, check if your getting power from the injectors to the pins in the ecu. I found out that i was getting power to the injector clips but not to the ecu, so i changed the engine wire harness and bam! that was the problem.
                          pay attention to this. OP, you cleaned your harness ground. Make sure you hooked everything back correctly. It sounds to me like maybe the ground circuit from the injectors is not complete, so power isn't actually traveling in a circuit through the injectors.

Comment

Why will they all be bad? The car just cranks and cranks not wanting to start at all.
                            because electricity isn't actually flowing through the injectors to make them work is my guess. I think the problem is in your wiring, in a ground circuit. Test for continuity there--you can use the ohmmeter setting on a multimeter to do it. If you have continuity, the dial will spring towards the right towards zero ohms resistance. If you don't have continuity, it will stay dead at infinite resistance.

says the guy who has never worked on injectors before.
                            Last edited by batever; 05-30-2011, 06:26 PM.

Comment

I cleaned the harness ground after it stopped running.Maybe mikecb7LX92 is right that it could be my harness.
                              I guess I will get into the 21st century and get a multimeter.
                              Batever are you whoring posts? If you forgot something just go back and edit your post.
                              Last edited by thepowderblue; 05-30-2011, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X