Less Than 1 Month til 10K RPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Less Than 1 Month til 10K RPM

I am just about ready to order my Camshafts for the JDM H22!
    Just wanted to get some opinions or ideas on some things!
    Here is the setup i am going with . . .

Crower Stage 2 Cams
    STR Cam Gears
    KMS Performance Sprigs and Retainers
    Last edited by 93ACCLUDE; 03-01-2005, 01:30 PM.
    Used To Be The One & Only H22 Powered CB7 In Oklahoma! ! !

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you still
    can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs!

nice setup..but you're better off using Crower springs and retainers just as well. i've heard issues of the cams snapping when not used with their valvetrain.
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

^ very true..... try not to mix and match companies because they are dyno tuned and fabricated specifically for their "company" parts..... -justin

MY SH!T FOR SALE!

H23A1 (60,000 miles)
      tranny (no grinds)
      ECU
      DC header w/ heat wrap
      full exhaust with angled N1 Canister....
      $1000 obo delivered

SOLD!

Comment

What made you decide to go with crower?

Comment

thats good to hear Acclude. The kms stuff is cheaper in price but i would use the crower stuff just for insurance. My car is suposed to be fixed this week and maybe we can run at the track for fun. give me a call sometime and we go down there. also, i like the new signature, "used to be the one and only h22 powered cb7 in oklahoma."
          JDM H22a
          P2T4 tranny
          I/E, CM ultra-light flywheel and CM stage 1 clutch
          16x7 Rota C8's in bronze
          nitto neo gen, 205/50/16
          custom short throw shifter
          Tokico Illumina RAK Coilovers
          Power Stop Cross-Drilled Rotors, Honda Pads
          Honda Torneo Shift Boot and Knob

Comment

i am going with Crower cuz i have heard bad things about the Skunk2 cams
            and the JUN cost too much!
            The Camshafts break when they are installed incorrectly!
            well this is my only concern on the Crower valvetrain
            check out this site
            http://www.crower.com/cat/import/honda/cams/h22.shtml

just read the note at the bottom
            remember im getting the stage 2 vtec lobes

Comment

That is whack, you would think they would do something to where you wouldnt have to mess with rocker arms and stuff like that. That seems like it is more trouble than what its worth.

Comment

That is a valid concern however you have to take into consideration that the other manufactures may also modify retainer to make the spring work more efficiently. Atleast crower lets you know this up front. Contrary to popular belief Honda's are not simple Legos that you can just snap together and it'll work perfectly. When dealing with engine internals tight tolerances must be met esspecially to make the desired power and maintain reliability.

Basically any cam will fail if improperly installed and most will. You should choose your cam based on your goal. If a cam has the lift and duration you need to accomplish your goal then that's the cam you should look into.

I wish you luck dude but I don't know 10K RPM, lol that seems alittle high. Esspecially since at stock displacemtn H22 with those cams begins to fall off around 8300 rpm.

What else is done to that beast?

Good luck with the cam selection.
                My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

im not sure if that rocker adjustment is new to this years product... but no adjustment was necessary when i had my valvetrain installed. and back when i was shopping around and went on their site, that note wasnt even there. but good choice if you do decide on crower. ive been happy and problem free.

and even 8300 seems a little high. my peak is about 7100 and i shift between 7.5-8k.

Comment

Nicely said! I said 10K just to catch more attention!
                    I might call crower cuz i would like to go with their valvetrain than the KMS but i wonder about the Skunk2 springs and retainers too!

Comment

I see no sense mixin and matchin parts in the head if its not from the same company then pople wonder why shit breaks on it or snaps. its it crower stick to crower if its skunk2 stick to skunk2 i find it just more shit to complicate when parts are mixed . Now i hope your gonna do some work to the bottom end right in raising the c/r ratio? . also whats gonna be your fuel management and header id go custom for the exhaust no biggie

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                        I see no sense mixin and matchin parts in the head if its not from the same company then pople wonder why shit breaks on it or snaps. its it crower stick to crower if its skunk2 stick to skunk2 i find it just more shit to complicate when parts are mixed . Now i hope your gonna do some work to the bottom end right in raising the c/r ratio? . also whats gonna be your fuel management and header id go custom for the exhaust no biggie
                        Good point! I have a VAFC and DC Header with full cat-back exhaust.
                        Now as far as the bottom end goes, it will be next! Now i have to decide All Motor or Booooooooooooost!

Comment

well with cams and shit you wont really need them for boost allmotor is more allaround in corners and shit turbo is more meant for straight drag. i wanted to go allmotor but i had the money so i said fuck it and went boost

Comment

NICE! Send me some pics of your ride and i will show ya mine tooo
                            mwc_bomber@hotmail.com

Comment

Ok i am going with ALL Crower Valvetrain!
                              i will be ordering it all next week!

Comment

Working...
                              X