Aftermarket motor mounts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket motor mounts...

I need to pick up a rear motor mount for my 90 EX w/manual tranny. Honda is asking an outrageous price for theirs.

Places like Autozone or Checkers carry either a BeckArnley or Anchor brand mount for much less, does anybody have any experience with these? Advice?

I don't need major performance, just a reliable replacement.

Thanks.
    Bart: What's your name?
    Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.

Originally posted by GrayCar
    I need to pick up a rear motor mount for my 90 EX w/manual tranny. Honda is asking an outrageous price for theirs.

Places like Autozone or Checkers carry either a BeckArnley or Anchor brand mount for much less, does anybody have any experience with these? Advice?

I don't need major performance, just a reliable replacement.

Thanks.
    whats so wrong with it that u can't fill it with polyurethane?
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I'd rather not deal with the hassle, just replace it outright. Besides, it feels pretty nasty. I haven't had a chance to eyeball it but it feels destroyed.

Comment

I'd rather not deal with the hassle, just replace it outright. Besides, it feels pretty nasty. I haven't had a chance to eyeball it but it feels destroyed.
        k, when u replace it send me that one I've never dealt with those companies but anything is better than a broken one with little to no rubber intact. How much are the other companies charging?

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
          k, when u replace it send me that one
          Ok... now you're making me think about the polyurethane...

Honda wants $120 something, Beck/Arnley is $80ish and Anchor is $60.

Comment

Ok... now you're making me think about the polyurethane...

Honda wants $120 something, Beck/Arnley is $80ish and Anchor is $60.
            polyurethane is like $27shipped its there in 2 days or less (OH to FL) and you can fill all 4 mounts and still have enough left over for another 2 mounts. Down side is atleast 1 day of down time. Your choice tho

Comment

yeah just fill it i filled mine and none where busted runs like a dream now

Comment

Alright, alright, you guys got the little hamster running in my head now...

What brand and specs should I be looking for with this polyurethane you speak of?

And how about durability/longevity?

Comment

youll see a link go into the diy forum on here and youll see this topic click on it and it will tell you everything .
                  ENG: Urethane Motor Mount installation ( 1 2 3 )
                  phatdoughnut

Comment

Great, thanks, did a search on polyurethane and didn't see it.

Comment

no go to the select topic forum then go under the diy section and then you should see it aftermarket motormount installation

Comment

Definatly dont go with the aftermarket motor mounts, i got one from advance and broke the motor mount in two spots straight through the metal. OEM Honda Parts is the best way to go.

Comment

umm let see oe is best aftermaket polys are really stiff will make motor vib through the steering and shift linkage not to mention breaking mounts
                          fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

Working...
                          X