Vtec not engaging after tranny swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vtec not engaging after tranny swap?

hey whats up guys so i recently swapped my tranny out and made it 5spd but now i get no vtec anymore before it used to engage at different points now i dont get anything anyone know whats up with that?

oh FYI i had to get a new ICM as well mine failed shortly after the swap

Is your CEL on? If so, VTEC will usually not engage.
    Is your oil level low? Is the engine fully warmed up?

Comment

oil level good and no CEL

Comment

speed sensor is working? I know when I put my JDM M2B4, it came with a bad VSS and if the speedometer isn't working the VTEC won't engage at all.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Did you swap to a manual ecu as well?
          What engine? ecu you running? vtec cross over point?
          Checkout my MR: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165984

Comment

JDM H22A i havent swapped the ecu still runing auto one ECU is a P13

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
              speed sensor is working? I know when I put my JDM M2B4, it came with a bad VSS and if the speedometer isn't working the VTEC won't engage at all.
              spd sensor was unplugged but i connected it still no vtec what im wondering is when i used to floor it when i had the auto maybe i thought what was vtec was actually my auto tranny pulling

Comment

the ecu, even if auto or 5speed, dosent have to do anything with vtec...it wil still engage.

try checking if you ECU will even get vtec to kick in, i know that my ecu was from an auto and vtec wouldent kick in. Then i tried a different ECU and it worked! (was from a 5speed), but vtec should still work even if the ECU is auto...

Comment

The ECU does have to do with VTEC... just not the difference between auto and manual.

You are letting the engine reach full operating temperature, right? VTEC won't engage if the engine is cold.

Comment

Working...
                  X