OIl leak around oil filter?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OIl leak around oil filter?????

well i went out today and fix my leaks.....oil pan gasket was shot to hell, change that, and also tried to figure out one leak, maybe someone can help me with this....
    im leaking lil oil from around my oil filter, any1 ever had this problem???
    i mean i change the filter like normal, no gasket from the filter got stuck on and the leaks not coming from anywhere else

n e 1 got a clue?

i stoped my oil pan leaks now i just got this lil leak (i hate leaks)
    NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

If it is leaking from the oil filter where the gasket is, maybe you didnt tighten it good.

Comment

Not sure if this will help or not, but I had a problem like this before, turned out to be a one time thing?.... discussed here
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=burning
      Originally posted by rickyduckworth
      i'll do *** things for the OEM trunk lip spoiler

Comment

It is the oil cooler, i had the same problem last month.

Take the oil filter off(exsposing this nut)18 mm i believe.

Take the nut off, and it will reveal this small "o" ring, just replace it and tighten that nut back on.

the "o" ring costs less than $4.

easy fix, but it was a pain in the ass figuring what the leak was from.

how many mailes do you have, i was at 174k.

Comment

i was thinking that but i was unsure of how to get to/where exactly it was...
          i have 190K on my car
          NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

oh yeah thanks to guys for the fast response and help
            im gona fix this tomorrow
            NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

if the leak is coming from above the oil filter...try the oil pressure sending unit, it's only a few bucks and you may as well change out the oil (remove oil filter) it's easier to get to. Torque it to 13 lb-ft and put liquid thread sealant on the tapered pipe thread.
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                if the leak is coming from above the oil filter...try the oil pressure sending unit, it's only a few bucks and you may as well change out the oil (remove oil filter) it's easier to get to. Torque it to 13 lb-ft and put liquid thread sealant on the tapered pipe thread.
                nope...been checked, im not runing my sending unit, i have the oil gauge and turbo feed line ran to that spot....both have no leaks, its coming from the oil filter......

also i still cant find the damn oil cooler????
                its an EX and it should have one, maybe im looking at the worng shit...
                i found a 18m bolt but when i remove that coolant damn near dround my ass....lol ( i knew it was gona do that but i still had to make sure..lol)
                WHERE EXACTLY IS IT????
                hanyes says between the filter and engine block....so when i remove the filter should it be sitting in the engine block??? i didnt see anything but the threadings for the oil filter
                NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

The oil cooler isnt on most f22ax's, my 91 EX f22a4 didnt have one...i believe its a JDM EDM thing? My JDM F20A had a cooler on it...maybe theres some gasket left on the the block from the previous filter that was on there causing a bad seal?

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                  11.68 @ 127mph
                  417whp/375wtq
                  Sold: 8/2016

Comment

the oil senser's have problems where they leak out of the senser , its normal.. just get a new one ... i bought a diffrent one and had to wire up the connections because the plug didnt fit...

also if you put any new filter on , make shure the rubber ring didnt stay on the block still..

i also had this problem after oil drain i took off the old filter and the rubber ring on the filter came off some how... and when i put a new filter on with the rubber thing still there it created a small gap and leaked out oil on my drive way... couldnt figure it out .. then i re did the oil and saw that

keep an eye out..

BTW: its always a good idea to replace the washer on your drain bolt ..

Comment

where do u get those small parts? like small gaskets, o rings w/o going to dealer?

will a place like checkers or whatever carry something like that??
                      hahahahah

Comment

did you put that little air breather on dat manifold?
                        cuz i was leaking oil from there

Comment

everything u all recommend ive checked.
                          no gasket left over or anything but it still leaks a lil.
                          for the breather on the valve cover im not leaking oil from there at all.
                          it just started do this when the last filter was on......when i installed that one during that oil change it was fine, its started doing it like 3 weeks ago.
                          for the first 1000-2000 miles it didnt leak at all.
                          i figure when i change the oil it would stop but nope, still doing it, and everythings was done the same as any regular oil change.

thanks for the help to folks
                          NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

pour glue in your manifold... .

lol...j/k

Comment

lol....how bout using jb weld as gasket maker....lol
                              NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

Working...
                              X