Idle Problem, Need help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idle Problem, Need help!!!

Okay I have a 90 lx auto and I noticed that my idle is low (like 100 and lower), it was low to begin with (200-300), I turned the screw all the way, but it's still low, reset the tach? I think it might be a vacume leak, so I wanted to know how to find it, like just look at them and feel for it or is there a more effective way or something? Your help would help me a lot!
    Thanks

Originally posted by cp[mike]
    oh well. its just a car, its not the end of the world.

vacumn leak would make it go up...did it change at all with the idle screw? id clean out the throttle body a bit

how is your tension on the accelerator cable, is it tight, or just hanging there?
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

which way did you turn the screw? Counter clockwise will bring the idle higher. Clockwise will bring the idle lower.
      ~~~~~~~

Comment

The idle changed a little bit, I took the throttle body off and when I put it back on the idle was a little lower! I have the throttle cable a tight so my idle isn't lower than 100! I realized that when I took the throttle body off that I tried to turn the screw more and after putting it back on I think I left it at the lowest point and now I can't turn it back because it's pretty much stripped! I tried to fix it, but end up making it worse! Even before when the skew was all the way counter clock wise it was still low (200-300), so I was hoping try something else besides the skew, cause that wasn't workin out for me, but end up trying to fix the idle and it just got worse!

Comment

I took it to my friends shop and he put it on the dyno and it reads between 700-800, but my tach says like 100 (which should be dead), so I took it to 2 grand and it showed 2 grand. So anything lower than 2 grand is pretty much off by a few hundred. Any suggestions on how I could fix it so it reads correctly?

Comment

for a vacume leak check on the drivers side of the intake manifold behind it... there should be a vacume line conected to it. on mine it was conected and it idled like a bitch..... that and the ne before me who did some throttle body work blocked the two idle sensor vents(motherfucker) and make sure u replace the idle screw. just buy a new one from honda dealer.
            are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Working...
            X