D15-B7 what all can i put it in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D15-B7 what all can i put it in?

I have an engine on the side, a d15b7 out of a 93 del sol that im going to rebuild a little at a time to put in something later. I know that it fits some civics but was wondering what all hondas i could put it in just a simple bolt up and also hondas that they make engine mounts for to fit this engine into, such as accords and diff years.... thanks

D and B-series motors are underpowered for all heavy weight hondas (accords/preludes). Its completely out of the question. If you plan on shoe horning an F or H-series motor into a civic or integra, now thats an awesome plan.
    RoaR MRT

Comment

Originally posted by close2classic View Post
      D and B-series motors are underpowered for all heavy weight hondas (accords/preludes). Its completely out of the question. If you plan on shoe horning an F or H-series motor into a civic or integra, now thats an awesome plan.
      I can understand the D series being under powered, i mean the car would be slow but it would drive

but a B series if it was easy would do just as good as job as an F

you do know that the 1st gen CRV has a b series and weighs as much if not more than an accord

Comment

Efs,egs,eks all share the D even tegs over seas.As far as performance the d15b are all the same besides the jdm d15b.Rods are quite weak safe point is around 200-220whp depending on tune anything above might and very well could be a time bomb on stock bottom ends.You can do a mini me non vtec block z6 or y8 vtec head.Is it worth it?maybe 15hp.Id put a d16a6 head on it if it were me.You can also put a d16a6 cam in the b2 or b7 same basic head design but to correct the timing i believe you need an Y7 cam gear(i went this route on my mildly built b7.I dont exactly remember which cam gear i used).Mine ran awsome for what it was.Made like 127 @ brms dyno day un tuned.
        Heres what it consist of:
        Y8 intake mani
        gsr tb
        Aem v2 CAI
        obx header
        bisi lvl1 a6 regrind
        slightly milled head
        z6 trans
        exedy clutch
        Fresh bottom end rebuild
        I love a SOHC built a few nothing to crazy just crazy enough.Hope this helps.

02 Crv
        02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
        92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
        Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Thanks for the info, just letting everyone know that i would never put it in my accord. Its an engine i got for free and was just going to rebuild it on the side and maybe get me an older civic, crx or something as a side project down the road and just didnt know what all it would bolt up in. thanks....

Comment

Get a Z6 head to slap on that thing and go race the first Mustang you find. My friend had a mini-me swap done to his CRX and even the H22 guys couldn't touch that thing.

Comment

with an engine like that, given it is running right, you should find a civic or integra shell and build yourself a daily driver kept running using cheap junkyard parts. Then with the money you save; invest in accord then when accord is done sell/scrap the dd
              Being normal is probably the lamest thing you can try to be

Comment

Originally posted by Kboers View Post
                with an engine like that, given it is running right, you should find a civic or integra shell and build yourself a daily driver kept running using cheap junkyard parts. Then with the money you save; invest in accord then when accord is done sell/scrap the dd
                have you seen his accord? it's literally mint, probably better condition than from the factory.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                  have you seen his accord? it's literally mint, probably better condition than from the factory.
                  Ok so a daily driver so the accord doesn't have to be driven as much or in bad weather then. Does he have a mrt?
                  Being normal is probably the lamest thing you can try to be

Comment

Thanks Wed3k, if you were talking about me. lol

Comment

The extra motor i have, its not a big deal just kinda like to put it in something later, thanks for the info boys....

Comment

hp

I am sure someone with alot of time could get it to fit but when its done your accord will be super slow.Its not worth it as far as time and money.
                        Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
                        93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Working...
                        X