Lowering issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowering issues

My cb is lowered on megan racing springs 2"front 1.75"rear drop..im having rubbing issues with the front two wheels. tires are 215/40 r17. the tires rubbing on the inside inner fender when i corner. now i tried hammering the inside back a little and its still rubbing my tire is damn near bald!! someone told me too goo with a smaller rim! but i like my wheels!
    So im looking at puttin spacers and roling the fenders is that a bad idea? and does anyone kno a good brand that makes them. NOT TOO EXPENSIVE!
    THANKS

do you have a camber kit?
    COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
      do you have a camber kit?
      nopee no camber kit didn't think it would be necessary

Comment

anytime you lower car your supposed to buy a camber kit. if you correct the camber, it'll probably fix your issue. plus you wont wear tires out as fast.
        COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
          anytime you lower car your supposed to buy a camber kit. if you correct the camber, it'll probably fix your issue. plus you wont wear tires out as fast.
          see but my wheels didn't camber much at all thats why i didn't buy it ii got one for my last cb cuzz they cambered outragiously... and its not a rub through like daily driving its through hard cornering!!

Comment

u had it right add a 1mm spacer then roll them or buy new sars that are 205 or smaller 205s will rub a little as well but not as bas as wat you got now 195 and you will be golden

Comment

Originally posted by blazedealh91 View Post
              u had it right add a 1mm spacer then roll them or buy new sars that are 205 or smaller 205s will rub a little as well but not as bas as wat you got now 195 and you will be golden
              Deffinately looking at going with spacers!! just have too find some cuzz i like the way my wheels are now! u kno any places too find them on the web?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Sleepercb7 View Post
                Deffinately looking at going with spacers!! just have too find some cuzz i like the way my wheels are now! u kno any places too find them on the web?
                ebay haha and craigslist maybe tray geting new tire for those rims but go with 195 sears tires my freind has 205 no camber kit and stock rims and they rub a little then get a camber kit the car is unsafe and does not drive good been there done that

Comment

Lowering your car creates negative camber. It doesn't matter if you can see it or not... it's there.

What are the offset of your wheels? +38 to +42 is about all you should be running.

Comment

x2 You're rubbing with that mild of a drop, 215 tires, and some negative camber? What's the wheel width and offset? Just putting on a smaller tire to solve the issue is NOT the right way to handle the problem. Less grip just so you don't rub? Thats stupid. Size your wheels properly, or hammer more shit out of the way.
                    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

for reference this is a 195/40/17 tire on a 7.5" wide wheel

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                        x2 You're rubbing with that mild of a drop, 215 tires, and some negative camber? What's the wheel width and offset? Just putting on a smaller tire to solve the issue is NOT the right way to handle the problem. Less grip just so you don't rub? Thats stupid. Size your wheels properly, or hammer more shit out of the way.
                        The wheels are 7.5" width dont know the offset!! I hammered the hell outt of the spot that was rubbing i mean im sure i could hammer it more! but ii was looking at just putting spacers is that a bad idea? i dont wanna go too a smaller tire.

Comment

I'm not a fan of spacers, honestly.

You should learn the offset of your wheels... as that would be the biggest help. We can't do much for you without knowing what you're working with. It sounds to me that you have an offset that is nowhere near correct for your car.... in which, I would suggest you replace the wheels, rather than continuing to alter your car.
                          I hope you're sanding and repainting the area you're hitting with a hammer, or you're going to be looking at rusty holes in a part that's supposed to be strong and rigid... If that happens, your car is as good as junk.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            I'm not a fan of spacers, honestly.

You should learn the offset of your wheels... as that would be the biggest help. We can't do much for you without knowing what you're working with. It sounds to me that you have an offset that is nowhere near correct for your car.... in which, I would suggest you replace the wheels, rather than continuing to alter your car.
                            I hope you're sanding and repainting the area you're hitting with a hammer, or you're going to be looking at rusty holes in a part that's supposed to be strong and rigid... If that happens, your car is as good as junk.
                            Yes sir i was smart enough to do that.. its sanded and painted!! i guess ill start looking at new wheels! what should i be looking for like a smaller rim or a different offset?

Comment

been there hammered that.
                              as stated above run a 195 width tire is your best bet
                              My advice: get smaller wheels
                              and figure out your offset
                              you want somethin near stock +44 -- +55 is a good range
                              and you dont want anything wider than 8
                              this happened to me with my 17s so i switched back to stock prelude wheels
                              -Tyler

Comment

Working...
                              X