bad a/c cotrols?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad a/c cotrols?

could this cause my air to not work if it went bad? That's what I was told by my mechanic friend just want to make sure.
    I couldn't get a reading for power off the plugs that go in to the controls. but once plugged in the lights would come on (the dash only not the indicators that tell you it's on) and if I pressed the ac button I could hear the compressor click so it must be getting power right?

I just want to make sure I need it so I don't waste my money on something unnecessary.

and its confirmed that it's not the fuse or the blower motor so kinda runnin out of options here.

Comment

Yep, that could definitely be the problem. It could also be several other things. Does the compressor come on and you just don't have blower functionality, or are there other problems? If the button lights aren't coming on to show that you've pushed them, I'd definitely try one from a junkyard to see if that fixes the problem.

Comment

yeah I can hear a click when I press the a/c button and the dash lights when i turn the headlights on but no blower. So I'm hoping it's not some random wire that's out of whack I'm picking up the controls tomorrow hopefully. I'll see what that does.

Could a bad compressor also cause the blower not to function?

Because the only time that I heard and saw the compressor clutch engage was when I recharged the a/c system and it made a god awful sound before it did and after that it seemed to be working fine blowing cold air and all the controls worked but the next day it all stopped working for good. I mean It worked on and off before but after that it was done for good.

Thanks poet!

Comment

The compressor shouldn't affect the blower at all. You haven't smelled any insulation burning recently have you? Hopefully it's in the controller and not a short somewhere or a cooked blower. When you switch air flow (defrost, floor, vents) or the fresh/recycled air with the key on and the engine off, can you hear the duct dampers switching around?

Comment

no nothing at all happens when the key is on the off position but I'll recheck tomorrow, actually none of those button seem to make anything happen even with the key on. The only one really doing anything is the ac button.

Comment

Working...
            X