No announcement yet.

Crack in Exhaust Manifold F22A1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah well good and bad news I passed on every test except for the pressure test the gas cap was fine just the evap part of the car needs to be looked at. The results I got were .66 5.24 and 1.28 for oxides nox and hc where the test limits were 1 12 and 2.5

So I'm thinking when I was doing my fuel pump I might have forgot to check all the clamps and hoses maybe

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I think this is whats wrong with my car too. Its been cracked for some time and been fine until recently. The crack has grown a bit and the throttle response is shitty. I just never connected the two, since its always been cracked a bit.

Thanks for the info guys

Comment

Originally posted by Dobermann View Post
        I think this is whats wrong with my car too. Its been cracked for some time and been fine until recently. The crack has grown a bit and the throttle response is shitty. I just never connected the two, since its always been cracked a bit.

Thanks for the info guys
        Well it does help putting a good manifold on there but my lack of power was more because of the timing being extremely retarded

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Ive had them crack before.... Never at the weld... Always in the middle of one of the runners... Ive successfully welded them (put 100k on the repair) .....

Did it when the car running and manifold hot... Welded it up then let it run for ten minutes then turned it off... In theory you cant weld the cast manifold but in practice I have in two accords and one civic.... I think the issue with the newly welded piece cracking is because it cools down to fast... That's why I do them when running... If you are afraid to weld on a running car then you can pre and post heat with a torch.

Comment

Working...
          X