Leaking Oil Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaking Oil Cooler

So i've noticed a leak over the last few months..It starts at my oil filter and eventually drips down onto the exhaust and has been spreading a bit down to the oil pan and that general area.. Now does anyone know how difficult it is to remove the oil cooler and replace that gasket or o-ring whatever it is?? lol i work at a parts store and fel-pro dosen't make this gasket or even list it for that matter.. any help would be appreciated.. im pretty sure ill just have to go to honda for this seal

8 Accords so far:
    '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
    '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
    (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

its a 10$ o ring gasket from honda. i replaced mine already LUCKILY i caught it or i would be out of a motor. u need a special socket for the bolt behind the filter. its not hard but might take u a few runs to the store to complete the job unless u know exactly what socket u need. gl
    Last edited by HondaFan81; 02-15-2011, 01:16 PM.
    frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

oh gotcha yea ill grab one from honda tmrw morning.. And im sure i have the right socket i got a good selection of tools.. Hah thx on the tips bud but i dont use tools to tighten my oil filter

8 Accords so far:

Comment

I believe the socket size is 30mm. Although, I've done 1 w/ an adj. wrench before too.

Comment

I had this same problem, ordered 2 gaskets from Honda in Wenatchee, I think the total cost shipped for both gaskets was like 5 dollars. 10 for that gasket is a bit much. And I believe it is a 30mm socket and needs to be torqued to 55 ft/lb I want to say.

It's not hard to do, getting the gasket to stay in place is the hardest part, just use a little grease to hold it and you're golden.

It's number 33 in that picture. And they're 1.79 in that listing. Sadly it'll cost more to ship than it will to buy it, so I'd buy a couple.

And that's for an h22, but I believe the oil coolers on the a6 motors are the same?

Comment

I got mine for 3 dollars at my Local Honda dealership, once you get the bolt out it's pretty much cake from there.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
            1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
            1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
            2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

should be the same one i would imagine.. I woke up late this morning or i would have picked one up from honda on my way into work.. i think i still get an employee discount there too haha i used to work there

8 Accords so far:

Comment

got a couple of these gaskets part #91316-PE7-730

8 Accords so far:

Comment

the socket is a 30mm had to do this on my old accord not long ago. its pretty easy to do.
                  im finally back in a cb7 its like coming home.lol
                  93 ex accord coupe h22 SOLD
                  90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                  91 se accord 4 door SOLD
                  92 lx accord coupe SOLD
                  93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                  92 ex accord 4 door h22 SOLD
                  93 ex accord 4 door auto SOLD
                  92 ex accord coupe auto

Comment

Working...
                  X