when i brake...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when i brake...

when i brake (even if i take of my key off)
    -tail light on (normal)
    -corner light on
    -parking Light light on
    -gauge light on
    like if i turn the switch .......
    i have try to remove the daylight fuse but it do the same when i drive.... and my friend say i drive on the brake all day long.... i have check this problem and i see my tail ligt full on and when i brake it go on even more..........

PLZZZZZZZZZZ HELLLLLLLLLLLPPP

ps: sorry for my badbad english !!!
    My Ride Thread
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
    Mark Twain

FaceBook

lol, thats kinda wierd. Im a little confused Welcome to the board though

Comment

thx but someone can help me out ?
      My Ride Thread
      The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
      Mark Twain

FaceBook

Comment

My Ride Thread
        Mark Twain

FaceBook

Comment

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but if your brake lights are staying on all the time, more than likely the brake light switch is misadjusted or cross-shorted.
          00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Ok... I'm going to take a chance and say that if you look underneath where the brake pedal is- there's a switch where the "contacts" are not "meeting"... After awhile, the plastic part (on the brake shaft itself) tends to break off (the plastic part-or part of it- touches the switch-turning your lights on/off when the brake pedal is de-pressed/pressed)... Do what I did and use a bolt (long enough to make contact with the switch), some washers, and a nut (to adjust the setting when placing the bolt/washers in). I'm sure you'll catch on to what I'm saying once you look underneath... Good luck...

L8z-
            Jay
            Last edited by Mauiboy056; 02-18-2005, 09:55 PM.
            "Don't meddle with things you don't understand..."

1990 Accord LX- Maroon w/Raspberry pearl. Daily driven: NOT a stay-at-home-bitch RIP 8/9/2006

Another Gen4 CB7 ryde in the works...

Ryde Syndicate... "If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense..."

Comment

damn...

Originally posted by Mauiboy056
              Ok... I'm going to take a chance and say that if you look underneath where the brake pedal is- there's a switch where the "contacts" are not "meeting"... After awhile, the plastic part (on the brake shaft itself) tends to break off (the plastic part-or part of it- touches the switch-turning your lights on/off when the brake pedal is de-pressed/pressed)... Do what I did and use a bolt (long enough to make contact with the switch), some washers, and a nut (to adjust the setting when placing the bolt/washers in). I'm sure you'll catch on to what I'm saying once you look underneath... Good luck...

L8z-
              Jay
              my lights are not always on but only when i push the brake pedal...
              i push the pedal and the "lil buton" and my light came off...
              plastik look perfect

other solution in case it dint work ?
              Last edited by DragonEye; 02-18-2005, 11:17 PM.
              My Ride Thread
              Mark Twain

FaceBook

Comment

plz help
                My Ride Thread
                Mark Twain

FaceBook

Comment

Originally posted by DragonEye
                  my lights are not always on but only when i push the brake pedal...
                  i push the pedal and the "lil buton" and my light came off...
                  plastik look perfect

other solution in case it dint work ?
                  Wow... This is a tough one... That was the only solution I could think of... If anything, start with the basics ( i.e.-check fuses in the fusebox) or what mrhonda said- you might have a short somewhere that's affecting the lights/switch...

Anyone else out there willing to chime in???

L8z-
                  Jay
                  "Don't meddle with things you don't understand..."

1990 Accord LX- Maroon w/Raspberry pearl. Daily driven: NOT a stay-at-home-bitch RIP 8/9/2006

Another Gen4 CB7 ryde in the works...

Ryde Syndicate... "If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense..."

Comment

it dosen't do this when i bought the car...
                    i have checked all the fuse alredy.. (the driver side and under the hood passager side)
                    i got realy confused about my problem ....

may should go to the concess ?
                    he say "i have a 3-4 hour job on this" damn 65/hour.....
                    I am almost decided to pay somebody 100 dolar so that it finds my disorder
                    My Ride Thread
                    Mark Twain

FaceBook

Comment

ok i check this today
                      i give some more info afternoon
                      My Ride Thread
                      Mark Twain

FaceBook

Comment

problem...............SOLVED

PROBLEM SOLVED !!!

i have checked my brake light bulb carriers for corrosion and i remove all light bulb... i press the brake.. no "doing ding ding" when the door are open (light on)
                        i have put all bulb at they place and i remember when i have bought these light i have bought the same bulb for the 2 "hole" and i have tryed to fit them...

i got to buy some light to canadian tire and TADAAAA no problem !!!!!!!!!

do you have paypal SteveB ?? i will send u a lil some thing !

thx to all

My Ride Thread
                        Mark Twain

FaceBook

Comment

Working...
                        X