No announcement yet.

difficulty scale...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

since i have a white car i am obligated to reply to this thread. lmao.....

rotors are easy if u know what u are doing. took me about 2 hours just by taking my time with it because i never done it before,,,,i only saw my friend who did it once and he is a mechanic....

for this u gona need a oem puller and the axle puller.

break lines<<<<never done them but by the look of it it kind of looks easy

light weight fly wheel.......u got to drop the tranny for that right?? and yeah u should do the cluch once u there (i have automatic lol)
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord
      rotors are easy if u know what u are doing. took me about 2 hours just by taking my time with it because i never done it before,,,,i only saw my friend who did it once and he is a mechanic....
      HUH?!?!?!?!?!? you have to get the hub assy pressed out, which usually means a new bearing or hub assy........unless you live in the land of no rust unlike me

Comment

huh press what. all i did was take off the 4 bolts in the back. put the axle puller and the oem puller. pull the rotors off. take off the four bolts in front... put new rotor put it back in. tightn the four bolts in the back and that is it...

the harders part was to take off those 4 bolts in the back. i had to move the steering wheel left and right so i could get to those bolts with an extension.
        are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

exactly.. the rotors arent as hard as everyone makes them out to be.. i just changed mine recently and sure, it was a little time consuming, but i just went around the back of the bearing assembly with my 36mm axle socket and hammered it.. the assembly came off after a few laps around the bearing..

Comment

yeah....in TX or CA i can understand...NO RUST......but here you can almost be assured that when you replace rotors......bearings go with it.......i had a tech tell me that the press jumped off the floor pressing them out once.....

Comment

trust me, i had plenty of rust on mine.. do you think it never rains here or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Mista Juice
                trust me, i had plenty of rust on mine.. do you think it never rains here or what?
                never rains here
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

well, id imagine it does.....but you have no idea what salt does to our poor little hondas up here....i should take pics of my ride....shes not bad for surviving 15 uppper michigan winters..........but trust me,........im not over-reacting........any garage here will tell you that when you replace rotors, bearings are a must....they never survive!

Comment

well thats your fault isnt it..

Comment

whats my fault?? where i live.....now thats just silly......

Comment

im just fuckin with you.. sheesh..

Comment

The rotors are one of the few things I dislike about my accord, but their not to bad. I changed my rotors about two years ago and it wasn't to bad. Getting to the four bolts in the back was the worst part. It is easier if you have two people, but it is possible with only one. Just throwing my 2 cents in.

Comment

honestly, its a lot easier if you just pop out the axle to get to those rear bolts.. luckily i was changing my axles at the same time so it went smooth..

Comment

LOL Mista Juice ...
                              Nice sig .. or is that the *new* electric cb7 ?

Gotta luv *shop* heheh .. everytime I see that, I just crack up ..You should *cad* that or ..
                              like, *cartoon* it out .. be interesting to see .. very well done sir

A Hui Hou !!!
                              Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by k-mart
                                i always have trouble breaking the axle nutz. i always have to ditch the PB Blaster and cut it off
                                Best way I've found to do this, is to turn on the engine and have a partner step on the brakes. Then use a breaker bar with a long pipe as an extension. The reason you turn the engine on is you gain the assist of power brakes. Otherwise the rotor will turn.

My swap thread
                                Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Working...
                                X