Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF It sounds like I have a crying puppy in the steering column!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF It sounds like I have a crying puppy in the steering column!

When I get on or off the freeway on a curve, my steering column starts to squeal like a crying puppy and loud to. When it straightens up its fine.

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
    JDM H22
    Port n Polished Int Mani
    Bored TB, maxed
    MSD 6A
    I/H/E
    no cat
    [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

power steering pump? power steering lines? sounds related to that if you've still got p/s
    --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

sounds like a knuckle

if this only happens when you turns the steering wheel to the right or left at highway speeds it sound like to me that is you steering knuckle..aka universal joint. if it is do yourself a favor and put in new axles to since they may be on the way out also. remanufactured axles are under 100 dollars for each piece. i had mine done once cuz i thought it was a tranny problem, but amaco found out it was the steering knuckle. now good thing it wasnt the tranny, bad thing thought it cost me about 950 dollars cuz they charge like 85 bucks an hour.

so if you know someone who can do it cheap you should be good.

i hope im remotely correct..let us know

Comment

I had that noise once.... only it happened ALL the time every time i turned...not just highway speeds.... I swapped out the P/S pump, and filled the system back up and its been silent ever since. I thought it was my ps rack, but after i did that it shut up so i havent messed with it since. The reason i swapped the PS pump was that it was leaking all over my alternator and really hosed it...so just swapped the parts off my other accord and was good to go.... good luck
        Seattle Silver crew #5
        Member of the Midwest Car Club.
        ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

If you need any axles. I have both sides I could givve u a deal on

Comment

it happens when i'm going slow, fast left and right. But the sound comes right from under the dash.

93' Accord (Sold )
            JDM H22
            Port n Polished Int Mani
            Bored TB, maxed
            MSD 6A
            I/H/E
            no cat

Comment

yep, ive got that same strange sound. ive been told that it may be the steering wheel hub. its nothing bad, but it may also be the powering steering. im thinking about taking my p/s out and if the problem persists. we will then know about that abnormal sound. its kinda annoying going around turns.

Michalob's CB7

Comment

annoying is not the word!! embarrasing and it gets under my skin

93' Accord (Sold )
                JDM H22
                Port n Polished Int Mani
                Bored TB, maxed
                MSD 6A
                I/H/E
                no cat

Comment

Add powersteering fluid. The noise is coming from the rack, it's got air in it. It's common in Accords. just fill the fucker up.
                  My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

yah i had the problem too after i removed my pump (to get to the A/C) when i put it back in it started making that noise so i drained the system and refilled it. it stopped

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by BustedLX
                      Add powersteering fluid. The noise is coming from the rack, it's got air in it. It's common in Accords. just fill the fucker up.
                      Exactly.

I've experienced the same problem, and the same solution.
                      -Certified Lurker, circa 6/03-
                      93 LX - "heartache" - Junkyard Ressurection
                      A hot cam, a hollow cat, a full tank and XM... what more does one need?

Comment

Yup, same thing here.

Same problem, same solution in old cb7. Strangely, the new one is doing this now too, guess I have to do the same thing again.
                        '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
                        -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                        -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                        -'93 AGP EX 4AT
                        10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

Does it sound like a squeaky door hinge when u turn the wheel? Cause thats what i'm getting out of my left front wheel and I can't figure out what it is!

Comment

I have the exact same thing thing. Its very embarasing. I checked my p/s level and it was full but had some bubbles in it. Im going to go try draining it right now. I thought it was something more serious.

Comment

yup, out of curiosity even thoguh im ripping the p/s out. i added fluid. just a side note. check the fluid when the car is off. then when the car is on. when the car is on, the fluid was way lower. that tricked me the last time i was checking fluids.

Michalob's CB7

Comment

Working...
                              X