sport shift auto tranny???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sport shift auto tranny???

Whats all this talk about a "sport shift mode" for the auto tranny??? I know my 93 inside and out and don't think I've ever come across a sport shift mode. Do only certain years come with that?

enlighten me...

I want to know the same thing my 92 ex doesent have it.

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
    bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Only the 90/91's have it.
      00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

i've got it... it's a little button on the side of the auto shifter...

i want 5 speed so bad..
        --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

it dumps more fuel or something like that, I have it, and I use it often, when im going up a hill, and am going 3000, I pop that and it jumps to 5000 and hauls ass 90 DX AT
          Im finally back!

Comment

Nope, all it really does is change the shift points a little. Not really a huge difference between normal and "sport", and thats probably why Honda dumped it.
            00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

I can shoot some video proving my point, at it jumping 2000 RPM the very second I press that button
              Im finally back!

Comment

on both of the hondas that i owned the "s" thing didn't work. i wouldn't use it anyway. it just put the rpms higher. more burn more fuel and don't go no faster. lol
                are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Originally posted by TpyoKnig
                  it dumps more fuel or something like that, I have it, and I use it often, when im going up a hill, and am going 3000, I pop that and it jumps to 5000 and hauls ass 90 DX AT
                  lol... that's dropping a gear dude... all you need to do is pull back on your shifter and put it in D3 as opposed to D4 and it does the same thing.

I manually shift my auto anyway, so I don't worry about the S button. All it does is let the tranny wind out the gears a little bit more.
                  --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

It basically stays in the gears longer. If you have it on and drive from a stop and let off it'll stay in gear instead of simply dropping into the next gear.

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

Originally posted by dwf137
                      lol... that's dropping a gear dude... all you need to do is pull back on your shifter and put it in D3 as opposed to D4 and it does the same thing.

I manually shift my auto anyway, so I don't worry about the S button. All it does is let the tranny wind out the gears a little bit more.
                      is manually shifting an auto really the smartest thing to do??? I don't see how it helps at all unless your racing even then, i don't use it. do you do it all the time or what? and why do you do it???

I understand what it
                      supposed to do but...yea...i'm done now

Comment

Originally posted by dwf137

Is manually shifting an auto really the smartest thing to do? Do you do it all the time or just when you race? Even when I'm racing I don't see much use in doing that anyways cuz our cars shift so late as it is. Plus, maybe its just me but I've never seen a worth while improvement in my times at the track to make it worth it. Plus hella more consisten the letting the car do its own thing. thats just me though...

Comment

^^ is it me or did he just post the same thing twice?^^

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
                          JDM H22
                          Port n Polished Int Mani
                          Bored TB, maxed
                          MSD 6A
                          I/H/E
                          no cat
                          [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

the act of manually shifting an auto perplexes and confuses him so much, he had no option but to post it twice.

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
                              the act of manually shifting an auto perplexes and confuses him so much, he had no option but to post it twice.
                              lolol, this might get ugly

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
                              JDM H22
                              Port n Polished Int Mani
                              Bored TB, maxed
                              MSD 6A
                              I/H/E
                              no cat
                              [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

Working...