starter????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starter????????

so my cb only strarts sometimes when it dosent start i can hear starter turn over a couple times then nothing and then a couple hours after turn the key and it starts fine does this sound like a starter problem ???

sounds like the main relay if i do say so my self. have you ever replaced the starter while you have owned it ? also hows your alternator ? have you ever drove somewhere and when into a store , and came back and car just spin over ? ten mins . or so it will crank this is how mine did when i first got it , it was the main relay . past starter problems , the starter would just spin quickly and sometime ( whirrl sound and not turn motor over ) auto shop will check your alternator for free.
    Last edited by stretch JDM; 01-08-2011, 06:28 PM.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

it has a new starter it looks like from the past owners and havent checked the altornator yet so it sounds like its past the battery and starter?????

Comment

does any of the symptoms i stated above happen , like the go get gas and it not start for a while ?

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Sounds more like a battery or wiring issue to me. If the starter goes, it will either not turn at all, or it will whir without catching any gears.

Comment

cause when it dosent start you can hear the starter spinning the i wait a second then it does nothing at all then went out about 6 hours later and and started up fine sooo i dissconnected battery and cleaned off the posotive and negative and connected it back up
            Last edited by 93blackcb7; 01-08-2011, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Comment

figured out when i took my car to checker to have my battery checked they told me i had a good battery so i thought it could be the starter buuuut today i hooked up a battery charger box and starts up real fast so i can never trust them now i guess

Comment

Working...
                X