Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bought a HAsport Auto to 5spd mount kit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought a HAsport Auto to 5spd mount kit!

So I took a drive down to HASPORT today, went in looking for a possible solution to my vibration I'm getting from my ESP mounts and after asking a few questions, found out they made an Auto to 5spd transmission mount for our CB chassis! I originally wanted to swap out the insert with a softer one but got sold on the billet aluminum craftsmanship of these mounts, they're BEAUTIFUL so shiny! I also learned that the inserts are a lot bigger so that was another aspect I liked about them...bigger means more dampening.

I thought about it for awhile and then decided what the heck, bought a billet aluminum Hasport Motor Mount kit for my CB7! I didn't know they had this all this time, thats why I originally went with my ESP.net mount kit but these look a lot beefier and the Urethane is 62a (softer) vs 70a on the ESP kit so my day to day commute should be a lot nicer too.

But just so everyone knows....Hasport now makes an Auto to 5spd Kit for CB chassis Accord using the H-series transmission!

I'm one of the first ones apparently so I guess they want me to give them feedback on it and let them know how it drives/feels/etc. Threw in the prelude bracket I needed as well that sits on top of the tranny. Keith @ Hasport rules!

They found that it was possible for that auto to 5spd mount when they were mocking up the K24 mounts for the CB chassis. They happened to have a H-series trans there and voila! Hasport Auto to 5 spd kit!

Just from the looks of it, the trans mount looks a lot stronger, using 3 bolts to secure it to the OE prelude bracket and then the 3 studs/nuts to secure it to the transmission itself.

but here's some pics of the shiny billet goodness:

I'll let everyone know how it drives once I get them installed in my CB7 so excited!
    Last edited by Losiracer2; 12-23-2010, 09:57 PM.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

wow nice pick up...i remember before i got my esp mounts i had contacted them because i thought they did and was out of luck...atleast they make them now!

Lou's Build Thread!
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
    "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

Originally posted by PRLiTo9MM View Post
      wow nice pick up...i remember before i got my esp mounts i had contacted them because i thought they did and was out of luck...atleast they make them now!
      yeah I walked in today looking for a softer urethane insert b/c my ESP kit, although nice and solid, is a bit rough for my DD commute especially since I've got a lightweight flywheel...gets annoying after awhile in rush hour traffic.

They must've come out with this right around when they developed the K24 mount kit. I like this kit b/c its a shiny Billet Aluminum, so when I pop my hood people can admire these mounts haha
      Last edited by Losiracer2; 12-23-2010, 08:56 PM.

member's ride thread
      91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Ohhhh ahhh shinyness! Lmao

No it looks real good! didn't know they did finally cb mounts.

How much was the entire kit?

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
          Ohhhh ahhh shinyness! Lmao

No it looks real good! didn't know they did finally cb mounts.

How much was the entire kit?
          yeah they must've just come out with them, on their website they have the rear and Engine mount available, but not the tranny one. I think they're going to advertise and put it up there soon. Eventually come out with a complete kit hopefully. But the size of the urethane is nice and BIG, should dampen all the vibrations nicely which was my main concern.

I got them for 300 OTD, but I've got to relay some feedback to Keith and let him know...so I guess I'm a test CB7 thats why he cut me a deal on them. Normally they'd be like 400 or more for billet mounts

http://hasport.com/store/index.php/m...series-cb.html

just those two alone cost 280, not to mention he gave me a brand new prelude trans bracket since I didn't have one and that extra trans mount of course.

but those brackets can be picked off any prelude OEM tranny at the JY or wherever.

member's ride thread
          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

you know the that prelude mount and bracket tilts the trans a little
            thats were the esp comes in
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
              you know the that prelude mount and bracket tilts the trans a little
              thats were the esp comes in
              you talking about the tranny mount? yeah they offset it at an angle, it bolts to the prelude trans bracket nice and flush and levels it out horizontal. I'll take pics once its on the car

I think its cut at a 45* angle to mate perfectly to the prelude bracket

^^thats why they cut the top of the mount angled so when it's installed in the car it'll be horizontal.
              Last edited by Losiracer2; 12-23-2010, 09:24 PM.

member's ride thread
              91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

I also have ESP mounts, and got a lot vibration too, mine wasn't auto though.

I'll be waiting for your feedback on these.
                JDM Parts for sale

Comment

Interesting, my driver's side ESP mount has the center of the poly bushing all wallowed out from apparently sub par material, I need to contact them about that...
                  My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

That's very cool, thought the only CB kit was for the K series. Also, the Prelude cast iron trans bracket you have pictured can also be found on all the CD 94-97 4cyl 5spd's, they share the same trans. mount. So you weren't satisfied w/ the ESP mounts at all? Did they really vibrate that bad to you? Did it make any of the rear view mirrors vibe or the speedo.flutter? How much for just the auto to manual mount, no OEM bracket? Good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                      That's very cool, thought the only CB kit was for the K series. Also, the Prelude cast iron trans bracket you have pictured can also be found on all the CD 94-97 4cyl 5spd's, they share the same trans. mount. So you weren't satisfied w/ the ESP mounts at all? Did they really vibrate that bad to you? Did it make any of the rear view mirrors vibe or the speedo.flutter? How much for just the auto to manual mount, no OEM bracket? Good stuff
                      yeah the ESP mounts are too stiff for me. I need something that dampens the vibs a lot more. They'd be great if I did strictly autox or something like that, but doing the daily grind on them is kinda rough, my dash, steering wheel and door panels all vibrate. I can even see my CF hood and headlights shaking at night when I'm behind cars...its just too much. The rearview doesn't shake. Idk how much that mount would be. That mount would probably around the same as the others since its comparable in size to those. It has a slightly more unique design so machining that out of billet may cost them more and may use more material. You can call them up and find out, but I think they're closed for the holidays til the 3rd of Jan.

I know Hasport's been in business for a VERY long time and they're main focus is motor mounts for cars so I feel like I made a good investment in these. Plus I like how they're only a 15 min drive from me if I ever run into problems or tear an insert I can just drive over and get new ones.

member's ride thread
                      91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

well, bump for an update.

After spending ALL DAY (10 hrs) trying to get this mount kit installed, when I finally did, and go to start my car. I IMMEDIATELY hear metal to metal grinding....went to inspect it and my crank pulley is grinding against the side of the car. It was so bad, that the engine killed itself.

I'm so pissed. so exhausted. Sick of this shit not working. I think the main problem is the transmission mount. It looks COMPLETELY wrong. Its getting squashed towards the driverside of the car and isn't centered.

The rear mount looks fine, all the holes lined up and the bolt went through fine. The driver mount looked fine until I installed the trans mount, then it was getting compressed toward the bracket.

So it HAS to be the trans mount causing all this. If the outer lip of the crank pulley is gone, is it considered trash? If it is, I'm going to make Hasport pay for it, since he guaranteed fitment.

Sucks being the first guinea pig to get parts made, nothing works half the time.

yey for rockin' the minivan to work tomorrow since my car is undriveable.
                        Last edited by Losiracer2; 12-27-2010, 06:00 AM.

member's ride thread
                        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Sucks to hear that...

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                          2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Damn that sucks. Hey, make them pay for it, and then the only expense you have left is time spent, which won't be so bad maybe...

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
                            White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                              well, bump for an update.

After spending ALL DAY (10 hrs) trying to get this mount kit installed, when I finally did, and go to start my car. I IMMEDIATELY hear metal to metal grinding....went to inspect it and my crank pulley is grinding against the side of the car. It was so bad, that the engine killed itself.

I'm so pissed. so exhausted. Sick of this shit not working. I think the main problem is the transmission mount. It looks COMPLETELY wrong. Its getting squashed towards the driverside of the car and isn't centered.

The rear mount looks fine, all the holes lined up and the bolt went through fine. The driver mount looked fine until I installed the trans mount, then it was getting compressed toward the bracket.

So it HAS to be the trans mount causing all this. If the outer lip of the crank pulley is gone, is it considered trash? If it is, I'm going to make Hasport pay for it, since he guaranteed fitment.

Sucks being the first guinea pig to get parts made, nothing works half the time.

yey for rockin' the minivan to work tomorrow since my car is undriveable.
                              So can you swap the original tranny mount back and does the engine lineup properly again? Youou could probably still run the crank pulley as its ribbed, but if you need a H22 crank pulley let me know; i got a spare.

Comment

Working...
                              X