Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

idling problem

ok guys,

i have been searching for weeks on end. this car idles from 800 to 1500 up and down consistantly. its fine when you first start it but once you hit the brakes or gas the idles begins to go up and down. i have checked all hoses. replaced fitv. adjusted fitv. also replaced iac. i bled the coolant 3 times no air its only coolant. also i have no cel. if i unplug the tps it idles ok but then i get a cel. and same with the iac. i am really lost on this and im getting to the point where i am going to tear off the intake manifold and replace everything with all new gaskets.

its a 1993 honda cb7 ex f22a6 5spd mt

anything is greatly appreciated

you positive its not the iacv, thats what usually causes the problems with idling..

Comment

Originally posted by agol View Post
      you positive its not the iacv, thats what usually causes the problems with idling..
      i have replaced that 3 times with ones from the junkyard. wouldnt i get a cel?

Comment

First of all take the one off and make sure it's clean.
        Secondly, is the TPS adjusted right?
        Third, how about the EGR? Everything clean?

Comment

9 times out of 10 the FITV causes the up/down idle surge issue. It's likely to still be the culprit if you used a non-oem brand.
          My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

everything has been off and cleaned and or replaced. i am going to but a bottle of seafoam today and give it a shot. helped on my old e36 bmw

Comment

Searching for weeks on end? Did you try looking in the "read this first" thread stuck at the top of this section? Because your answer is in there, in a thread written by HondaFan81.

Comment

you can replace the iacv 300 times and without adjusting base idle, you'll still have a bouncing idle.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I'll bite, how high does it idle with the IACV unplugged? if its over 650 rpm then you have a vacuum leak or its set too high.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                    you can replace the iacv 300 times and without adjusting base idle, you'll still have a bouncing idle.
                    i have done it each time. im telling you if someone local can fix this or tell me wich part it is by checking it out i will give 100 bucks to. im to the point where its going to be cheaper to buy an h22

Comment

Originally posted by scudweiser View Post
                      I'll bite, how high does it idle with the IACV unplugged? if its over 650 rpm then you have a vacuum leak or its set too high.
                      with thw IACV unpluged it idles at about 600 and its loping fast with a cel. right now its slow up and down with no cel.

Comment

with iacv unplugged, it should set a code...imt hinking a vac leak.
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

i have sprayed every hose with carb cleaner, i get no responce. you know its funny i go to the dealer for help and all they say is iacv, nothing else it could be. they said if i want they can look at it 90$ an hour.

it started doing it once and a while. then my rad blew out so i did all new hoses, radiator, thermostat, iacv, fitv was chanced bled the system, i just dunno

Comment

You can always block the 2 inlets in the t/b's bore w/ your thumb, top inlet is IACV, bottom is FITV. That is the quickest and easiest way to block off the air supply, see what you get, blocking 1 @ a time.

Comment

tach could also be off.
                              I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                              X