SOHC block DOHC head...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
    This coming from a guy that supposed to have had a 12sec civic and a couldn't figure if he needed to upgrade his fuel system for nitrous....Question is isabelle WET or DRY?ALL talk about nitrous, but dont seem to know wtf is going on with it.Atleast i dont lie about shit.WET needs no fuel upgrade its safer and requires less.A dry shot will need a fuel pump and injectors you have to add more fuel as to where a wet shot you dont.Thanks hope you return knowing you should shut your mouth and think before you speak.
    Actually, a dry shot shouldn't be used for anything bigger than a 100 shot (I say 75 to be safe). I personally wouldn't run more than 50. However, it is not really necessary to upgrade the fuel pump or injectors for a dry shot in that range, as long as everything is functioning properly.

A wet shot adds fuel to the mixture. A single fogger wet system will very often result in a very rich mixture in the cylinders closest to the throttle body, and a lean mixture in the cylinders further away.

Personally, I'd run a dry shot over a wet shot. If I wanted to make a full nitrous motor, and go over 75-100, I wouldn't be using a single fogger system. I'd have a nozzle, and possibly an additional injector, for each port.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Actually, a dry shot shouldn't be used for anything bigger than a 100 shot (I say 75 to be safe). I personally wouldn't run more than 50. However, it is not really necessary to upgrade the fuel pump or injectors for a dry shot in that range, as long as everything is functioning properly.

A wet shot adds fuel to the mixture. A single fogger wet system will very often result in a very rich mixture in the cylinders closest to the throttle body, and a lean mixture in the cylinders further away.

Personally, I'd run a dry shot over a wet shot. If I wanted to make a full nitrous motor, and go over 75-100, I wouldn't be using a single fogger system. I'd have a nozzle, and possibly an additional injector, for each port.
      Not the way ive allways heard it even tunning shops have said you need to upgrade the fuel system for a dry and thats all ive every seen.I wouldn't run dry period on any shot.Now a Wet is more safe it upgrades the mixture right for the right shot.

02 Crv
      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Reason for many of my questions is for exp

A LS IM will work on a gsr,type r,b16 etc

With all this being said i will not be talked down to.And certainly dont need to prove myself to the close minded.GOOD DAY____
        No, actually it will not.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Originally posted by LoDollar92LX View Post
          No, actually it will not.
          this^^^

LS/b20 = same
          gsr= lone ranger

b16/type r(s) = same..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

A dry nitrous kit can be used safely, as long as the fuel system is adequate, and you have been tuned for it. Since a dry kit only supplies the nitrous, it will be up to your injectors to supply the additional fuel needed. As long as you have a larger fuel pump, injectors and a tune, you can get away with a 100 shot. I would not recommend just spraying ANY nitrous, especially a dry kit, without a tune.

02 Crv
            02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
            92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.

Comment

Not the way ive allways heard it even tunning shops have said you need to upgrade the fuel system for a dry and thats all ive every seen.I wouldn't run dry period on any shot.Now a Wet is more safe it upgrades the mixture right for the right shot.
              this is also incorrect. to run a 75shot you need to use a msd or similar ignition box to pull a few deg of ignition timing while the nitrous being used. Been there, done that.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

hahaha... sounds like a previous member on here.. that swore he was the end all hybrid god... remember that Mr.H?

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

That's why I would only use a system such as Zex, or one with similar features to Zex... where the kit contains a "brain box" as I've seen it called... that will pull timing and I believe increase fuel delivery. It's been a while since I researched nitrous...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16 View Post
                    this^^^

LS/b20 = same
                    gsr= lone ranger

b16/type r(s) = same..
                    Maybe im wrong not 100% sure on that one but B20 weak cyl walls.LS great for for boost.Theres a b17gsr came in DAs and then youve got your b18s.TypeR also came b16 and b18.Now that i think of it most ive work on have been LSV.

02 Crv

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      That's why I would only use a system such as Zex, or one with similar features to Zex... where the kit contains a "brain box" as I've seen it called... that will pull timing and I believe increase fuel delivery. It's been a while since I researched nitrous...
                      Smart box i believe..It keeps everything safe Green your good to go red your not.I had a zex wet 100 on my ol fox.And about the timing thats where a tune comes into play.
                      Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 12-08-2010, 12:41 AM.

02 Crv

Comment

I know this is waaaaaaaaay off topic but what is headflow? What does it mean? I am still learning all this myself, so do please forgive me.

I see Head swap threads all the time here, I have just learned to not mess with them until later on down the road. I just need to better understand some of this terminology when it is used...
                        The CB7 Collector.
                        Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                        92 LX Coupe F22A1
                        2013 Toyota Corolla S
                        92 EX Sedan F22A1
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

If you hybrid, change your name to DOHC-FTW
                          COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post

I know this is waaaaaaaaay off topic but what is headflow? What does it mean? I am still learning all this myself, so do please forgive me.

I see Head swap threads all the time here, I have just learned to not mess with them until later on down the road. I just need to better understand some of this terminology when it is used...
                            Head flow is measured in CFMs more CFM you got the better the flow.Which mine is lacking Greatly.

02 Crv

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16 View Post
                              hahaha... sounds like a previous member on here.. that swore he was the end all hybrid god... remember that Mr.H?
                              that was pretty epic brother.... LOL... you, me, and Jonas threw it down and set his story straight.

OP, Dont claim facts that you are not 100% sure of, especially the way that post was written. theres enough wrong information floating around on here/internet.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

I don't remember Jonas setting anyone straight... that dude knew nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X