Cannot Get Over 40-50 KM/H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Get Over 40-50 KM/H

hey, ive got a shiity problem that i have recently come accoss this week. well, im driving normally, i stop for a red light, and then continue to go on the green, but then as im driving i get this stalling like feeling in my engine (keep in mind i have an auto and i had 3/4 tank of gas) and the highest rpm it will go to is 3000, which does not bring me higher than 40 or 50 KM/H. so, i let off the gas so the rpms would drop, then applied the gas again to see if it was just a glitch or some crap, but the same thing happened, and if floor the gas, the rpms would max out at 3000 and it left like the engine was about to stall. a loud popping noise came from the exhaust, so i pulled over, and shut the car off. turned it back on and voila nothing wrong, but until 10 mins later when the same thing happened. this just started happening 2 days ago, and now i cant drive more than 15 mins max before it does this again. i havent read any other threads with this type of problem, so im hoping you guys can help me out since every mechanic this weekend seems to be booked solid!

just some other side notes to help answer my question, i have 91 exr, f22a6 2.2L, 160,000Kms , changed oil in december, i dunno what else to think of so i hope there are some solutions.

if there is anything to be replaced, like senors, filter n stuff, can diagrams or steps on how to get at them and replace them.

thanks!

any check engine lights???
    Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

it came on once, but then it hasnt come on again, and that was the first day, so no, not anymore, i tried to get a code, but i didnt come on again.

Comment

k.....check your grounds...like the one on the thermostat housing...follow ur lower radiator house to the block, you'll see a ground wire there....makes sure thats clean...and tight...then check the one on the front side of the transmision, make sure thats clean and tight....then get back to us.....shouldnt take more then 5 minutes.
        Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

have you done your distributor cap and rotor lately? Could be the distributor itself, or the ignitor coil.

Comment

i know i got a brand new distributer just before i got the car, july 2004

Comment

Originally posted by ontarioEXR
              i know i got a brand new distributer just before i got the car, july 2004
              have u tried down shifting? mine does that crap if I leave it in D4, I put it in D3 it takes off like normal, temporary fix I know, but Im waiting on mine to blow so I can get a new one
              Im finally back!

Comment

the same thing happend wit my dads 92blazer and a guy that i no whit a 85camaro they both need a new transmission. i dont know if its the same thing but they both has the same exact problem.
                Hands Down Jerseys Finest

Comment

maybe clogged catalytic converter, maybe transmission problem, will it shift through gears? or does it stay in first?

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                  where you been, is something wrong?
                  i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

02 or electrical related ignitoin problem

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

hmm, the clogged cat. sounds pretty interesting,cuz whenever it happens, the is a huge popping noise that comes from underneath the centre console area (under car). but my brothers calling some guy that fixed his alternator after being replaced 3 times in 3 days by Master Mechanic (shows how much a real mechanic knows :thumbsdow ). ill post when i hear the bad news

edit: yes it does shift through the gears. keep in mind this happens non-continuously, it will do it when it wants to

Comment

a clogged cat happens all the time, its not an on/off symptom?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

it is an on/off symptom

Comment

my car has did this before,but i hasnt done it in like a year, but it only happened when i drove the car for a long time. like if i full throttled it the engine would not even respond it would very very very slowly makes its way up to 3K...you instead of when you floor it otherwise it jumps to like 4,500 and shifts. butyeah like i said mine hasnt dont it in like a year or so...i just changed the tranny fluid. but i dont know if that is your problem or not. im just saying how my situation was. see ya

Comment

Working...
                            X