X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Did the Timing now it wont start!!!!

OKay i have 93 5spd f22a6
    i had some overheating problems..and found out it was the waterpump
    so i changed the waterpump and timing belt..i got it all back together and now it wont start..cranks no fire..no noise like it wants to starts.

so i was thinkin may i set the timing off when i was putting it back together.
    so i stated back to step one..got the top gear on TDC.
    all the other 3 or 4 gears on TDC.
    flywheel back on mark and the coil pointin a spark one( i even brought new spark plugs and cap)
    i made sure it was firing right.like pistion one goin up on TDC and then etc.

everything is right...i got all my info from the accord book and reading from here..
    but now im loss need of help...please any help..local help to i will pay to get my cb9 back on the road thanks
    MY YOUTUBE Channel Plz Sub for the Support thanks

^^^ Click for the Link ^^^

check to see if you are getting fuel.
    check for spark.

i too did a timing belt, and rebuilt my valve train. hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by UNeeKToNy View Post
      check to see if you are getting fuel.
      check for spark.

i too did a timing belt, and rebuilt my valve train. hope this helps.
      I turn the key to one..and I can hear the fuel pump running..
      And I get back fire and I crank it..

Comment

you shouldnt of touched the distributor. check your firing order again.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Crank and cam are 180 degrees out of phase is what it sounds like.
          There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I touch it at 1st because it was cracked..so I changed it...but I made sure...3x sure I but it together right...like I said I turned the cam pulley and got the piston 1 tdc when the cap was pointing at fire one..etc on top of that I made sure goin the right way with the firing order

Comment

Originally posted by samuri88 View Post
              I turn the key to one..and I can hear the fuel pump running..
              And I get back fire and I crank it..
              Explain your "and I get back fire and I crank it" statement. Does the engine sometimes fire up and backfire or did you mean something else?

At this point based on the lack of detail provided and unclear statements, all I can say is...

You improperly reassembled the engine after your repair or the engine sensor(s) inside the distributor are not working.

Calm down, explain exactly everything you touched from beginning to end and the current symptoms.
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

and you cant base your cam timing off the rotor on the distributor...you need to look at the cam pulley. i wouldnt fuck with the distributor until the car runs. everything needs to be DEAD on.
                I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                  Crank and cam are 180 degrees out of phase is what it sounds like.
                  this was exactly the thought that popped in my head after reading the OP.
                  1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by samuri88 View Post
                    ...I turned the cam pulley and got the piston 1 tdc when the cap was pointing at fire one..etc on top of that I made sure goin the right way with the firing order
                    for future reference it's best to turn the engine at the crank pulley bolt. it seems you've reinstalled the timing belt with the cam out of phase with the crank (per mndude07's response), so despite turning piston 1 to tdc everything is still not going to coordinate accordingly. back track and triple-check EVERY step.
                    1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
                      for future reference it's best to turn the engine at the crank pulley bolt. it seems you've reinstalled the timing belt with the cam out of phase with the crank (per mndude07's response), so despite turning piston 1 to tdc everything is still not going to coordinate accordingly. back track and triple-check EVERY step.
                      thanks for all the help....and yes i was off timing now once i got it back on timing...i found out that i bent value...so now its all good...i had the car running for like a week now its not running again.

i think its something with fuel...i change the fuel filter.plugs.wires.cap.rotor...

its funny at 1st, once i changed the filter the 1st time its started and worked for a full day...next day it didnt start....i checked the filter for leaks..and it had a leak so i got a new one...then it started...worked for a full day...i even went for a long ride after work....now i had it siting all day, its night now about to head to the store and now it dont start....help

Comment

do you hear the fuel pump prime?
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                          do you hear the fuel pump prime?
                          yea the pump is working...im gettin fuel all the way to the injectors
                          i did just posted a new thread for help...and i said its working now...
                          but now its not......now i have no clue what it is..

there is times on the morning it dont wanna start....and there is time in the midday dont wanna start.....it just starts when it wants to

Comment

Working...
                          X