Piston ring sizes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piston ring sizes?

Im in the process of building my F20 and i bought an genuine honda ring set. I ordered a original size ring set as the engine block has 80K on it. the piston rings I pulled from the F20 have T1 and T2 written on them. Now the new rings I bought have a Teflon coating on them and say R1 and R2. Does this mean they are different sizes? I havent pulled apart the F22 as im driving it.
    Your man for wiring solutions!
    CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
    CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

only way to tell is to put them in the block and check.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Ive put them ontop of each other and the new rings are about a fingernail thickness bigger. I would call that acceptable for wear.
      The F20 had pretty low miles. The bearings barely show wear, but I shall replace them anyway with new ones.

Im not going to be able to test things until the motor is out of my 4 door.
      But 5K miles ago when I put the head on my 4 door the engine block was beautiful.
      Sadly the oil pickup was clogged with sludge about 3 inches deep. I let it idle outside for 30 mins and when I came back to the car, the oil light was on.
      Still she ran fine for 3 months until I let a "friend" borrow the car. He blew what sounds like 2 rod bearings. That was 4,000 miles ago!
      I drive her daily useing Rotella-T 15w-40.

I was an idiot for not checking the oil pan, and letting a friend borrow my car.
      Plus the head I put on the car has over 300K miles.

Given all of this she barely smokes and only when you take it above 4,000 which the engine never sees.
      3,000 @ 80mph is my daily commute for a good 15 mins.
      Last edited by CB7Man; 10-21-2010, 10:21 PM.
      Your man for wiring solutions!
      CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
      CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Working...
      X