X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Code 6 ECT TEMP

Ok guys imma bout to shit my self.

I downloaded the helms and of all the pages missing troubleshooting code 6 ect is missing!

Does any one have a source or procedure to properly troubleshoot and diagnose this code? How about some advice on what has worked for you or have read online.

If you need more info on my situation please quick reply, im willing to do troubleshoot any method.
    Thanks in advance.
    regards-8ball

have you recently swapped head or motor? maybe you switched the 3wires by the tstat, under the dizzy and one by the water neck going to radiator.

Comment

no i havent done a swap. hey i just want to verify the ect has a white wire with a green stripe and a black grount wire right???

Comment

good morning bump. too many views not enough people chiming in. honda gurus i need ya help! XD

Comment

ECT is a 2-wire connection under distributor and screws into the cylinder head. To the left of it is a coolant heater hose and to the right a 1-wire connection for coolant sender unit (coolant temp gauge on instrument cluster).

Check the wiring to the ECT, fix if necessary.

Otherwise it needs to be replaced. For this drain coolant, remove and replace with new O-ring. Reconnect electrical. Fill and bleed coolant.
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
          X