Idle shakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idle shakes

The whole car just vibrates. I have oil in my spark plug tubes, which I will be re-gasketing when I get paid on Tuesday. Could this be causing a misfire which is causing the shakes? My motor mounts seem fine, and this only happens really at idle. When driving I can sort of feel the performance of the motor lagging a little.. Idk, any ideas?

the oil , on the plugs may very well causing it . when you change the tube seals if it does not clear things up , you may need to look into the idle control valve. good luck man and keep us posted.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Yeah I cleaned my IACV and screwed down the FITV, then set my base idle. Cold starts rev up to about 1400, and slowly let down, warm has a near-perfect idle of about 750-850. I think I may have a vacuum leak somewhere, but my intake pipe is the original part, isn't clamped down to the tb/im, and it cracked where they connect. Once I have this Valve gasket set replaced on tuesday when I get paid I will be able to see if anything else is the cause of this. Another thing is, would the misfire actually be causing the shaking?

Comment

you might have a bad front motormount by the timing belt they colapse over time and cause a lot of vibration i replaced mine last week, also check your troque mount make shure its not broken,

Comment

GREAT!
          I went to start up my car this morning and for the first time ever it started, idled straight up to 2200, then bogged down by about 500RPM a few times then died. I hope this is related to the valve gaskets so it's fixed when I do that, but it's pissing me off that I don't have any money til I get paid tomorrow... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Anyway, what do you guys think it is? Related to the oil in the plugs, or something entirely different?

Comment

Originally posted by jjakimetz View Post
            GREAT!
            I went to start up my car this morning and for the first time ever it started, idled straight up to 2200, then bogged down by about 500RPM a few times then died. I hope this is related to the valve gaskets so it's fixed when I do that, but it's pissing me off that I don't have any money til I get paid tomorrow... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Anyway, what do you guys think it is? Related to the oil in the plugs, or something entirely different?
            yea the oil in the plugs will def cause bad idle. i changed the valve cover gasket completely three times the last time i siliconed it too . but no its leaked again. then the sparkplug wires melted inside the tubes im guessing cause the oil.

Comment

Working...
            X