ecu thermostat housing ground code zero issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ecu thermostat housing ground code zero issue

hey guys can some one post a pic of the ground that the thermostat housing is supposed to have i rread the pdf helms but mine doesnt look like that i think that may be the source of my problems. thanks guys lmk where exactly that ground is so i can trace it and fix my code zero issue

Your code zero issue is normally that your ECU is bad.

Comment

you know usually doesnt mean always. ive switch out ecus with know good ones. so its either the single wire temp sensor that is not connected or i have the t stat ground missing. which is what i need a pic of.

Comment

well i forgot that the thermostat is behind the dizzy. its not the one right there by the rad. ok a few things ill point out is that the igniter fails because the dizzy has a seal that leaks oil into the dizzy. ok that makes sense. but the reason the sensors fail is because the dizzy has no kind of seal betweent it and the head.! so it leaks oil onto the oil sensor and temp sensors which become fraid and brittle which throws a code. imm go get some pig tails and seal the dizzy to the head with black silicone. ill update how this goes.

Comment

There is supposed to be a seal (o-ring) between the dizzy housing and the head and there is an internal seal in the distributor as well. Honda will tell you that you have to replace the distributor to fix a leak, but if you do some searching on here, I'm sure there is a thread about how to replace the seal.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

see that makes sense to me. as well there should be a oring from the dizzy to the block. ill see if just some black rtv silicone will take care of this. the leak is retarded noticeable. like why is that the only place it leaks from lol. thanks

Comment

i found two temp sensors fucked up so ill be soldering new pig tailes and plugs. and then i cleaned groung "g101" real well got rid of the rust and used vinegar and salt to clean the copper connectors. then I ran a 4 gauge ground from the t stat to the battery ground. duck it i dont want to chance this no more. secondly both of my black rtv silicones have dried and thus i may end up using permatex grey or buying some black 2mro. also i got the scoop on a 421oem header with like 150k not scraped or banged up. in addition to the densor o2 sensor that i just bought. looks like ill have to make an oem extension harness for the o2 unless you guys have a good idea

Comment

im having the same problem but i dont know where the tsat ground wire is
                clicky the siggy!!!

ARCADIA GREEN MEMBER #20

AIM=SleepygreenCB7
                Yahoo=annamaineeak@yahoo.com

Comment

ill take a picture for you guys ina min.
                  **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                  Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                  Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

follow the lower rad hose to the tstat housing. its underneath all that shit. you may want to remoe the intake and rad hose to actually sand and salt and vinger the ground. i ran a ground wire from there to my battery for more ground.

Comment

ive taken a picture of my situation. Ill have it posted here in a few hours maybe even 2mro in the mo mo.

ok so update turns out that the fan switch is located on the tstat housing. It had wires chewed by rats. I relaced the plug with a nicer one and extended the pigtail a little. Next was the gauge cluster water temp sensor (the single redwire ) ; so much oil was on it that it fraid and cracked it off. I went to the salvage andgot another one with a nice pig tail. Next I replaced the pigtail and plug on the housing that goes to the upper rad hose. Well i spoke to cisco the dude with the all out white project. He said that the ect code 6 is the sensor right under the dizzy and its the one with the worst oil on it. I thought it was an oil pressure switch or temp sensor for oil. So i went to unplug it and it was oil rotted and the plug was decomposing as well. It was making a bad connection and the wires broke off the plug. So im getting new plug and pig tail and a new sensor. I just checked the wiring and every thing is under 5 volts at 4.9 v. so that means I dont have a short and doubt that all my ecu's are bad eggs. otherwise wouldnt i throw a code zero 0 for that? any ways i hope this new plug pigtail and ect sensor take care of it. At least I dont have a short

Comment

ive taken a picture of my situation. Ill have it posted here in a few hours maybe even 2mro in the mo mo.

ok so update turns out that the fan switch is located on the tstat housing. It had wires chewed by rats. I relaced the plug with a nicer one and extended the pigtail a little. Next was the gauge cluster water temp sensor (the single redwire ) ; so much oil was on it that it fraid and cracked it off. I went to the salvage andgot another one with a nice pig tail. Next I replaced the pigtail and plug on the housing that goes to the upper rad hose. Well i spoke to cisco the dude with the all out white project. He said that the ect code 6 is the sensor right under the dizzy and its the one with the worst oil on it. I thought it was an oil pressure switch or temp sensor for oil. So i went to unplug it and it was oil rotted and the plug was decomposing as well. It was making a bad connection and the wires broke off the plug. So im getting new plug and pig tail and a new sensor. I just checked the wiring and every thing is under 5 volts at 4.9 v. so that means I dont have a short and doubt that all my ecu's are bad eggs. otherwise wouldnt i throw a code zero 0 for that? any ways i hope this new plug pigtail and ect sensor take care of it. At least I dont have a short

Comment

http://plixi.com/p/51847005

Comment

Working...
                          X