Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Towing with my CB7...What's the weight limit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Towing with my CB7...What's the weight limit?

I would like to know how much weight the CB7's can tow and what I would have to do to get my CB7 ready for towing. Is it possible for the CB7's to tow a 3,000lb 16-foot bass boat (the whole package - boat, trailer, boat motor, and all weigh in at just under 3,000lbs), and if so, what all would I have to do to my CB7 to get it to tow the bass boat?

My little girl

1991 CB7 Accord EX
    F22A4 with P12 ECU on the stock four-speed automatic
    K&N E-0774 air filter in place of airbox
    NGK Iridium IX spark plugs
    Sony CDX GT640UI head unit
    6.5" 2-way Alpine Type S up front
    6x9's 3-way Alpine Type S in back
    MTX Terminator 600W peak 50W RMS 4-channel amp

1000lbs is the limit.... 3000lbs bass boat=
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

it would suck to go and try to pull the boat out of water then end up in the water
      -----------------------------------------------

''It is what it is, Do what you want''
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167905

Comment

Do you already have the receiver installed? I'm curious to see how its mounted.

Tongue weight on that boat won't be too much for the CB to handle. I'm sure pulling it around town and shit you'd be fine, but as mentioned above, it would suck to go to load it back up and not be able to pull it out of the water. You could kiss your clutch good bye.

:edit I mean kiss your auto goodbye.
        Originally posted by chessboxer
        We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
        Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

also trying to stop
          Originally posted by deevergote
          These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

It's possible. It'd just be a good idea to give the car a frame rather than leave it as a unabody. Then get a motor with a lot more torque and horsepower, and a transmission that can handle hauling that thing.

Comment

be safe and get a 1/2 ton truck minimum ,my buddy used to to my racecar and trailer that weighd 4,000 lb with his 96 caprice wagon with airbags that weighed 4,300lb and it was scary as f***k.......

Comment

Originally posted by magicdragon View Post
                it would suck to go and try to pull the boat out of water then end up in the water
                seen that on my trip okanogan river.... went picnic... a guy with his truck broke the transmission when he stalled it on the way uphill to park... so he couldn't pull the big boat. one kindly stranger later had a hitch on his camry...once hook on...already started to slide down...tried rev nothing work until halfway back bumper started sinking in....put it on park and handbrake....waited for a truck to pull both of them since the car was already half way in lol lol lmao lmao....good days good days....watch the whole thing and other picnic people!!!! lol
                VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
                1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
                MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

Originally posted by magicdragon View Post
                  hahaha thats a funny one, yeah i dont think a cb would handle taking 3000 pounds out the water..lol
                  AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
                  JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

Originally posted by iwork4mycb7 View Post
                    hahaha thats a funny one, yeah i dont think a cb would handle taking 3000 pounds out the water..lol
                    I like your siggy. There really is nothing like owning a CB7...Sadly, people who don't own one or who have never owned one don't appreciate them.

My little girl

1991 CB7 Accord EX
                    F22A4 with P12 ECU on the stock four-speed automatic
                    K&N E-0774 air filter in place of airbox
                    NGK Iridium IX spark plugs
                    Sony CDX GT640UI head unit
                    6.5" 2-way Alpine Type S up front
                    6x9's 3-way Alpine Type S in back
                    MTX Terminator 600W peak 50W RMS 4-channel amp

Comment

Ive towed by rope a mk2 golf, whats that 2000lb? the cb handled that very fine. on a stock clutch though out the water is a no go, starting off on flat was only manageable

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                      UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                      NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Working...
                      X