need info on f20a sohc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need info on f20a sohc

i need some ?'s answered. i am purchasing a f20a sohc engine and the guy told me that everything (ecu trans, etc)is a direct bolt up to the existing set up. is this true i cannot find anyone who has done this swap before. the old f22a1 is done i mean done! #3 main bearing spun. burnt exhast valve. its time! also any advice on whether boosting is possible. thanks alot

just make sure you swap everything over from your old motor. and you'll be fine!!!!
    Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

thanks i really appreciate it. i am very pleased with the way things have gone so far! again thanks

Comment

why not the dohc f20a

i wonder why you didnt go for the f20a dohc or f22b both are more horsepower. f20a dohc 150hp and f22b 160hp. it think yours is only 135hp. both can be had for 500-550 dollars. japanstarmotor had f22b for 795 with tranny and free ship. well hope all goes well anyway.

Comment

i was under the impression that both f20a dohc/sohc made 150hp.. 137tq?? someone correct me if im wrong. might be mixing up data

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

close enough

its only 10 hp i think, but for her answer yes it is harder to boost than the f22a1 because the f20a's run higher compresion..like 9.5 to 1 instead of 8.8 to 1. thats why i said boost a f22b its compression is in between i think at 9.2 to 1.well thats according to fizzbob thread i read. but im no expert hope it helps

if she wants to make some more horses on the f20a sohc. replace the cam with the delta 272.( i only heard good things) i think the balance of duration and compression is good..well thats according to a little paper i read on elgincams.com so who knows. i guess it comes down to how fast you wanna go and how much you wanna spend

and if you want some ammusement.. ask lithium and zigenballs about delta and watch them scream at each other

well that is

Comment

F20A SOHC is only 130 HP like 125-127tq. and the DOHC is 150HP with 137tq. I got my F20A DOHC for 400 and that came with trans. and harness and ecu and COMPLETE and I do mean COMPLETE motor.

I would not spend, no wait let me rephrase that, WASTE my money on a F20A SOHC. It is not worth it. Get the f22b or F20a DOHC.
              "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
              sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
              Did work for: jhoff_cb7
              Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

so f22bdohc is da best out of f20a dohc,h23dohc and f22b dohc?

Comment

i dont like ur statement bsted.. sure it makes identical power to some USDM motors.. but.. no USDM motor has 88mm stroke like it does.. build a F22a and then Build a F20a identical to it.. i bet the f22a may have more torque sure.. but.. the f20a will have a very more useful rev range.. and wont feel so sluggish

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

wow um first a couple of corrections here. i am a guy my daughter is megan maybe i need to change my screen name here!lol and second i am looking for a cheap alternative to a f22A1. this is the cheapest motor i could find and i have been looking for several months. i get free shipping and a 2 year warranty plus a full install kit(gaskets,t-belt ,oil,even plugs and wires!) for about 650 out the door. with a baby girl(the cutest baby girl ever btw!)money is a very large object. again i want to reaffirm i am most certainly a man!!!thanks for all the great perspectives though it does make me dream of h22's and vtecs and turbo's ahhhhh.......crap , gotta go change a diaper!!!thanks again!!!

Comment

it actually depends what the f20A sohc came out of...

some only made about 115ish hp... those were the carbed models...

but the pgmfi versions made 130hp...

there is the ever elusive F22A3 SOHC that supposedly makes 150hp... but no one has really confirmed that as of yet...
                      RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

this is definitly pgmfi! i am sure of that and 130 is 5 more hp than i am making now. i am told that thoug it is smaller disp. it will get better economy than the f22. whatya think? it would make sense with the more hp coming out of it that it would take less to move the car. also, anyone know where i can find instructions on separating the trans formthe engine? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 91megancb7
                          this is definitly pgmfi! i am sure of that and 130 is 5 more hp than i am making now. i am told that thoug it is smaller disp. it will get better economy than the f22. whatya think? it would make sense with the more hp coming out of it that it would take less to move the car. also, anyone know where i can find instructions on separating the trans formthe engine? thanks
                          Haynes or Chilton manual for the tranny drop. And smaller displacement means less fuel and that means better gas mileage.

Also arent the f22a3 sohc's just the euro f22a??? Something like 9.2 - 9.5:1 compression, iab's, 4-2-1 header type shit?
                          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

The engine's pretty good, definitely feels less sluggish than F22a. I've had one in my car for a year and a half, and it's run smoothly, and has slighly better gas mileage. I don't regret "wasting" my money in this engine.

Comment

thank you very much again. i am sure that there are those out there who think that a h22 or something like that is the way to go and if i had a lot of money to spend on this porject i would. i want reliable economical transportation. i hardly feel it is a waste of money. thanks again. i'll let you know how it goes

Comment

Working...
                              X